We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

Anyone recommend (or not recommend!) an ovenight bus to Goreme? We plan to leave from the Harem otogar on the asian side. Thanks.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

Hi,

To be honnest, buses pretty much offer the same services, and there are not that many differences, they all offer tea/coffee, cakes, colonia, water, frequent stops and confortable buses.

I personnally like Kamil Koç but I don't even know if they run from Istanbul to Goreme.

Hope someone else can help

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

if varan do the route I always opt for them, I like their level of service.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

Do a search in the Istanbul forum for bus to Goreme. I seem to remember a great thread there about the ups and downs of travelling by bus to this area. Consider a domestic flight, too, prices are vrey reasonable.

KL
Level Contributor
85 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

I found a bus company Nese Tour which offers the route for half the price $24. Anyone knows what the quality is? It is a long ride and safety first.

Urgup, Turkey
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

the best way to get to cappadocia is by flight from istanbul.especially now the touristic season is beginning and there are too many flights in a day from istanbul to kayseri airport also to tuzkoy-nevsehir.both airports are 50 minutes drive to goreme.but it is always easier to reach to urgup from anywhere.goreme urgup is just 5 minutes drive.and to reach to goreme by bus you can only take the night busses.the local companies are nevsehir turizm,but kapadokya ,metro and also kent or suha should have busses here.but i am sure of nevsehir turizm.before there were 3 different agents.called goreme turizm,kapadokya and nevtur and they all became together partners and called today nevsehir turizm.and the busses are great and comfortable and cheap.but if you book a flight early from turkish airlines or onur air you will get also too cheap offers.and more convinient i guess.i just hope there wont be small babies and crying during the night:)if you are in cappadocia please do come and visit also urgup for its old town and the special market and the shops here where you see a great selection of anything top quality and local prices.i will be happy to meet you and invite you a cup of apple tea:)

take care

cappadociahost@hotmail.com

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

İ write from a Goreme internet cafe and just took the overnight bus from İstanbul 2 days ago - depends on your priorities - the bus is cheaper but my bus was 100% full - children running in the isle - and it was 11 hrs - on the good side they stopped every 3 hrs for a stretch - however İ didnt get much sleep - and seeing as İ only have 2 days in Cappedocia - İ was a little tired. İf you have more days - then you can take it slow on the day you arrive and enjoy the rest of your time! I used Metro bus company for your reference - it was clean and the driver was safe.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

Dunleavy

Enjoy your trip and do come back and tell us all about it as there are many regulars here planning trips to Cappadocia soon!

jakarta
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

We will take the same route ourselves. Is the bus from Istanbul sleeper bus or seat bus?

HOw much the cost is? We would like to compare with the flight ticket.

9. Re: Recommended overnight bus Istanbul to Goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 24, 2009