We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Goreme to Kas

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Goreme to Kas

Anyone know if there is bus that goes directly from Goreme to Kas? That is, allows us to avoid transfering in Antalya? If I understand correctly the main bus depot that serve Antalya - Goreme is some distance from the one that serves the Antalya - Kas - Fethiye routes?

Thanks!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

you write ''If I understand correctly the main bus depot that serve Antalya - Goreme is some distance from the one that serves the Antalya - Kas - Fethiye routes? ''

No there is only one bus station...and from there you can get connecting buses to Kas...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297965-i4654-k110…

you maybe getting a bit confused as these buses after leaving the bus station also pick up passengers along the way and in front of the Migros shopping center...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Travelling from Cappadocia take the over night bus from Nevsehir or Goreme at 9pm ...cost 35 YTL ( last years price )each and takes 9 hours..arriving in Antalya bus station at 6am.

Metro Turizm bus lines does this route as well. They leave from Goreme whereas the other bus lines leave from Nevsehir...

Then from there take the Antalya tur, Bati antalya, Cicek tur or Kumluca tur to Kas.

Also please read these previous posts...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297983-i5867-k999…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297980-i4564-k996…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Thnks Canmom!

I guess I misunderstood Rough Guides - it says "buses use the otogar, about 7km north of town" then in the next paragraph says "buses...Kas depart from opposite Felez hotel, 2km west of town"

We're thinking of staying 3 nights in Kas (and doing some daytrips from there) I know it's probably unfair to ask this question, but, is Antalya worth an overnight visit? So stay 1 night in Antalya and 2 in Kas?

thanks

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Hi again DRSouthern,

Your Rough guide is way out of date..sorry to say..which is pretty common for all guide books..that is why in my opinion the internet is better for up to date info....these buses have not left from across from the Falez hotel in a few years now due to constuction at that time of an under-pass a couple of years ago...

As I also live in Antalya I would say yes it is worth a night or 2 in Antalya to visit a few of the sights...the most important being the Antalya museum as you will later see some of the historical ancient cities later along the Lycian Way...the findings from the ancient cities are on display at the museum and it is really interesting..maybe take a side trip to the museum and then make your way to kas in the afternoon..

If you are staying in Antalya there are some must sees in the area. I would recommend that you take a trip to Perge, Aspendos, Termesoss, caves, Duden waterfalls, boat trip to the waterfalls, Koprulu Kanyon ( Beş Konak ).

As for sightseeing Antalya has the old city ( Kaleici), old ottoman fishing houses that are now restored into small boutique hotels

Here are some of my reviews that I posted on the TA. Or if you click on my profile picture you will see them as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297963-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d554…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d294…

and my newly posted review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d653…

You most certainly have to stroll around the old city area called the Kaleici. And then down to the marina area. Nice little tea houses etc. Take an afternoon or morning exploring the Antalya museum. Get down to the Beach park area some nice restaurants. Have some beach time either on the Konyaalti side or Lara Side.

Go shopping...my favorite...Shopping in Antalya is super too from the big shopping malls like MMM Migros to the small shops and kioks in the Kaleiçi. Have a look at my Inside page about Antalya Shopping.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297962-s405/Antalya:…

Another museum of interest to visit is the Suna-İnan Kıraç Museum set in an old ottoman fishing house and located in the Kaleici. It holds artifacts from Anatolian culture and local life in the ancient Kaleici.

Helpful web page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antalya

just to name a few...

Unfortunately you only have 3 days so you cannot see everthing..one can easily spend just 10 days alone along the many sights of the Lycian coastline from Antalya to Fethiye...pick the places that are important to you and limit to those choices..really you can see there is lots to do that really 3 dyas in not really enough time...I am sure that you can keep busy in Kas for 3 days easily...

You can see my photos and the historicals sights around Antalya at this page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/

have a great trip

CanMom

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Thank you so much, Canmom, for taking the time to provide such a wealth of information! We only have 15 days in (western) Turkey and I realize that's not nearly enough time :-( Now the challenge is choosing the places we want to see/stay the most and making sure we're not spending 1/2 our time on the buses!

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Dear Dr.Southern,

If you are not convinced about the time schedule and which bus station you will stop or arrive , i can call the tour company's number and get some information about your question.

P.S : I am living in Cappadocia..

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Thanks for your offer MoonstarCappadocia. Our plan is to take an overnight bus from Goreme to Antalya, stay a day and night in Antalya and then go on to Kas.

If you can let us know which bus companies run from Goreme to Antalya and their schedules that would be great. I was trying to find out from the Metro bus website if they made this trip and get a price, but had a difficult time navigating their site. I also read that some of the premium buslines offer free mini-van shuttles from the Antalya otogar to downtown Antalya.

thanks again for the offer to investigate!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

I thought or I believe I thought I already gave you the names and the companies that run from Cappadocia to Antalya

here it is again...

9:00 pm from Nevsehir to antalya with NEVSEHİR TUR

Travelling time is 9 hours and the cost of the ticket per person is 35 Turkish liras each. LAST YEARS PRİCE..

They do suggest that you arrive at about 8 pm or make sure you have reserved your tickets for travelling before hand. Most hotels/pensions can arrange this for you with a quick call.

Also just looking at the Metro web site..and cannot se at the moment GOREME - ANTALYA..

but I do see NEVSEHİR TO ANTALYA or Avanos to Antalya

however last year when I booked tickets from friends at the local metro office in antalya near my home..

the travel route of these buses actually sart in Sivas ..pick up a few passengers along the way along the route and then end up in Antalya...maybe that is why you cannot see it for now...

DO NOT be so concerned right now about getting tickets...when you get to Turkey buy them then...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

also try KAYSERI

I have looked at the Metro's web site and yes they do have tickets and that route...leaving at 19:30 pm ( KAYSERI ) and arriving in Antalya at 7am...

http://www.metroturizm.com.tr/EN/main.asp

cost is 40 YTL...per person..

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Goreme to Kas

Thanks again for checking this and for the reassurance - I'm one that likes to plan ahead ;-)