We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

New York City, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

I am planning a family trip to Cappadocia. We are planning to stay in Goreme. We have about 12 people. I am looking for a private guide who is a local of Goreme or a nearby town, have intimate knowledge of the region (not just the standard tourist stuff of any group tour), and speak good English. The guide will be needed for 2 days, along with a van for 12 people. I'd like to keep the itinerary flexible- basically we will have a game plan, but expect to change the plan based on how we feel (and how our grand parents feel), the weather, or the inspiration of the moment.

Any recommendation will be highly appreciated. Ideally we'd like an independent but experienced guide, or a tour company with a good reputation that can delegate a guide to us for 2 days. We will pay for the guide for about 16 hours of his/her time and the rental of the car (not by person in our group).

Thank you all very much for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

Dear Dolaimo: I don't know of a private guide, but perhaps you could contact Atacan at Rock Valley Travel in Goreme (www.rockvalleytravel.com). Other tripadvisor members have recommended the agency, and I've just booked a 5 day visit (including air from Istanbul, hotel and tours) through them. Atacan was very helpful and put together a great package at a very reasonable rate. He was able to answer all my questions in a very timely fashion. I'll be visiting Goreme in February and look forward to meeting Atacan at their travel agency at that time. Give him a try--I'm sure that he can help you. Let us know how you do! Good luck and safe journey! Constant-Cruiser, Gold Canyon, Arizona

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,472 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

I was going to say the same, you can contact Rock Valley, did not use them myself, but met people last summer who used them. I recommend you first of all to ask for a guide who speaks good english (unless your turkish is perfect???)

Good luck!

3. Re: Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:02 pm, January 19, 2008
Cappadocia
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

Dear Dolaimo,

You can find the best and proffessional guides from Argeus. You are not one or two people. The tour company which mentioned by someone above may not neccessary for your group.

Here is the information about Argeus :

tel : 0090 384 341 46 68

Fax : 0090 384 341 48 88

argeus@argeus.com

5. Re: Looking for a private guide in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 16, 2009