We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris to Goreme

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Marmaris to Goreme

Can you get a bus from Marmaris to Goreme - and if so approximately how longt does it take and cost. I am going to Icmeler (just near Marmaris) next summer with 2 teenagers (15 & 13) and I would love to visit Cappadocia. Also when I get there is it relatively accommodation for tourists - can you go on one-day trips to places and are they reasonably priced.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris to Goreme

hi

from marmaris has bus to cityof nevsehir (goreme)

but long travel it takes about 13 hours

with kids u bored

or other choice fly to ankara then nevsehir

or directly from dalaman to kayseri then nevsehir

it takes about 3 hours inc. go to dalaman

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris to Goreme

Dear Holidayqueen,

I think (from what I read on these forums never having been there yet (!!) myself) once you get to Cappadocia, it is easy enough to get around/find tours and accommodation - but as Enca says, quite honestly it is an awful long way away from Icmeler. Very long bus rides (but wouldn't cost that much if you were prepared to put up with the long journey!) or better to fly there (again not that expensive if you book early - but still an awful lot of travelling time).

How about considering something a bit nearer to where you will be staying? Ephesus has wonderful ancient ruins and history - a lot to see there, including the Virgin Mary's house nearby - worth doing with an overnight stay, and would only be about 4-5 hours away by buses, (maybe less!), or if you really want to see some "geological wonders" plus ruins - try Pamukkale - again doable there and back in a couple of days from where you will be staying (I've read you can do these sites in a day from Marmaris - I would say don't bother with those sort of trips - you will just spend all day travelling, and no time enjoying!)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris to Goreme

Thanks for the advice. I have already been to Epesus/Pammukele with my children this year on a 2 day trip from the Marmaris area. It was a fair amount of travelling and they enjoyed it - although 13 hours on a bus is perhaps pushing it. I spent 2 weeks in Icmeler this summer and did loads of the trips. I love the place, the area and the people of Turkey but want to spend some time next year seeing something else of the country. Another alternative I'm considering is going to Rhodes for a few days, or just up the coast to Fethiya for a couple of days even. I will think about it and I do have til next July to decide. Thanks - and if anyone has any comments about Rhodes it would be great to hear them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris to Goreme

How about touring around the Bozburun or Datca peninsulas from Marmaris? Datca is only about 90 mins by bus from Marmaris, and I believe there are also boat trips. It is a very pretty town and the peninsula is stunning - very mountainous, and then further on there are the ruins at Knidos right at the end. You could probably find a tour, or do it by bus, maybe staying overnight in Datca.

5. Re: Marmaris to Goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 10, 2009