We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Hi. Can someone tell me if there is day-time bus/train from Istanbul to Goreme (or other towns in Cappadocia). I don't mind stopping for a night or swapping bus-train along the way. Because I just want to travel by land day-time to see the way.

I am in Istanbul and the travel agents only speak about package tour with night bus.

Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Yuor best bet is to go directly to the bus station and purchase your tickets right there.

Check out Metro turizm or look for Nevsehir tur.

Of course the travel agents are going to try and sell you a package tour.

However one you can try is the Tur-ista Agency. Please read this previous post. I know that Lemonlady bought her bus tickets there;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k1245…

Another idea for trains are;

Istanbul to Ankara or Istanbul to Kayseri and then from there you can take another bus to Goreme.

turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/Train/sleeper_…

Here you find the departure times:

http://www.seat61.com/Turkey2.htm

But if I were you I would just take the direct overnight bus straight to Goreme or the Cappadocia area.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Nevsehir
Nevsehir
Nevsehir Province, Turkey
Ankara
Ankara
Ankara Province, Turkey
Kayseri
Kayseri
Kayseri Province, Turkey
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Thank you for your infor. As our time is tight, we have skip Goreme and gone directly to East Turkey. We missed Cappadochia but enjoyed East Turkey so much.

Many thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
seattle, wa
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

I just came back from the kind of trip you're doing. We went to the bus station the day before we left to purchase a bus ticket - Istanbul to Goreme. (We did not know the bus schedule and it seemed easier to go the day before and figure it out by going to the bus depot.) Although I had initially thought about going during the day to see the scenery, we ended up taking the evening bus and I highly recommend it. We got to Goreme in the morning and had the day to explore. You can buy day-tour packages when you get there and they're not bad, although you can also rent motor bikes and go to the sites yourself. However, after factoring in cost to the sites, bike rental, etc., it's a wash. The buses are the best way to get around Turkey and there are a number of companies. We took Koch and Metro.......although both are fine, I liked Metro just a little better. The bus depot can be a little intimidating when you're trying to figure out which bus you should climb into.....unless you speak Turkish or find a sympathetic Turk who can point you to the right bus.......I do not speak Turkish but managed to always get on the right bus........have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Hi

Please be very careful in booking with Istanbul travel agents

we got ripped off BIG TIME by AHSLY TRAVEL in Sultanhmet

He book us on a TERRIBLE tour and made 120% PROFIT

You can go direct to the BUS Station and book your ticket

the ticket cost is only be 35.00 (Turkish) if you have time do it yourself

When you get tp Goreme there is PLENTY of hotels and cheap

It is a very nice area to visit.

Or go to the Istanbul Hostel and check them out as I heard

good reports about the prices and service!

GOOD LUCK

OZ Monty

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Istanbul
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Hey OZ MONTİ

What is your name? and what service did you get from AHSLY travel? Ahsly Travel never sell expensive tickets or tour we only sell budget tours dont lie please u didnt join our service any time just give the names of you and let me check yopur names from our list probably you live in turkey and want to advertise your company or you are got wron prices because you already bought the service they know They can not make you canseled it they just give you not real price of them please advise your names and let me check your names on our list if is there such a sale I will make refund your money back if is it %120 more expensive

you can check our prices from our website

Have a nice Day

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Oh dear, battling agents - the original post has been dragged up - for no apparent reason, from 2007!!

I'd suggest the new posts be taken with a very large pinch of salt!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Glad you are checking out websites

Istanbul
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Hey ozmonti

I know now who u are ok let me explain it now

You are the person who told m that your camera was stolen is that right? then you went to polis office and u get report which says that your camera is stolien But before that happened you took my picture with your camera and send my picture tome a few days ago how come your camera which has my picture in it is stolen but you can find the picture of me?

Second thing You were yelling at Hotel Lobby that your passport is stolen is that right? but after reception told you that they have central cam in hotel and lagguage store you suddenly show the passports to us is that right?

Third think maybe there are more tour operators here on the site they can quote your program lets see how much does it make?

The program : istanbul-cappadocia-pamukkale-Ephesus-Samos-Paros-mykonos-Santorini-Athens

1 ngt cap.2 nights ephesus,1ngt samos,1 night pros,1 nght,mykonos,1 nght,santorini,

all ferries and buses and 2 days cappadocia tour 1 day pamukkale,1 day ephesus tour Totally 1100 TL Perperson if any operator can sell this tour with this price? please ask them then you make your arguments with us

This world has many good people besides ,who makes money with illegal way like charging insurance with fake reports etc.

Now Austarlian Goverment should make something such a citizen of them because of a few fake personalities australian people loosing their importance on Turkish citizen

I hope you will not give that thief eport to insurance for money back of your camera

I still wait the answers of my questions

Have a nice day everybody

Mentioned in this post
Ephesus
Ephesus
649 Reviews
Paros, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Istanbul
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Attn: Oz Monti Please be patient and answer my questions and people can see who is right or who is wrong lets leave that stuation to the Travellers

But Only I wonder the Answers of my Questions that is all AHSLY Travel is allways will be better but you can not gain anything. We work and earn money but you are lie and make money with lie you are trying to make free holiday I think if your money is that sweet please dont travel or dont spend it. when you spend it you are trying to get it back from insurance that is easy way for you. Dont do it in other country please.Lots of countries are becoming not safe just because of look like u people give up it plase

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Istanbul to Goreme daytime bus/train?

Yes right, our camera was lost and reported to police

and was found, thank goodness.

So What?

Has nothing to do with the tour you sold us?

You are lying about everything and ripped us off

You and are advertising that you are a licensed agent of TURSAB

I can post the voucher on websites ( they said you are

NOT a licensed agent) so it is FRAUD

You sold us seats on a NIGHT ferry But guess what NO night ferry

So we had to change the tour with Grand Wonders because

you sold us something that wasn't available!!

You put us in awful accommodation in Selcuk

You made over 100% profit and a complete crook, glad you are reading the postings and I will let others decided on booking

with you!

Mentioned in this post
Selcuk
Selcuk
Izmir Province, Turkey