We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon in the month of December

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
Hot air balloon in the month of December

I plan to visit Cappadocia on 16th Dec and want to know whether it is ok for hot air balloon acitivity during this time. What would the view be if its snowy..thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air balloon in the month of December

In January last year when everywhere was covered in snow they were still operating. Although not as many balloons were up and about as there would be in summer due to obviously less tourists around however be assured they still operate.

I will also be there in December and will be going on one myself with my family.

The only thing I found which doesn't operate in winter in Cappadocia is horse riding. Other than that atv/quad bikes, scooter rides etc all still operate.

Hope this answers your question.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air balloon in the month of December

Hot air balloons operate best when the air around them is cold. That is why they usually depart at dawn. If you get a clear day in December, with not too much wind, the scenery might be superb.

3. Re: Hot air balloon in the month of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 20, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question