We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

We are a couple coming for the first time probably next week.Was going to book with an agent but have been checking forums where people are doing it on their own.

We plan on doing the North and South Cappadocia tour.Want to do it on our own -is it possible or should we book a tour with the hotel we staying at?

1.About how much do tour companies charge for it?

2.Where should we stay - which area,there are so many,but Goreme and Urgup seem popular?

3.I see a lot of cave hotels -are they near tourist areas and how are they?

4.Plan on going to Konya or Pamukkale after that -I know there are a lot of bus companies.Are they public or private?Are the rates the same?How do I book?Can the hotel do it for me or will they charge me?

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Urgup
Urgup
Cappadocia, Turkey
Recep Yuce Professional Tour Guide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Turkey Packages and Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Balloon Rides, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips
Cappadocia Tours by TGT Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Balloon Rides, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

1. Look at some reputable company websites for tour rates- try Turkish Heritage travel and Reliable Tour. You can find more company recommendations in the TA Things to Do section. You can do things yourself if you take time to research routes, and hire a car or suss out public transport.

2. Urgup is very small, best if you are hiring a car otherwise you will be rather isolated. I like Goreme.

3. I love cave hotels, and most are right in the tourist areas.

4. There are several big bus operators in Turkey. You can book at the bus station the day before, or ask your hotel to help. If they charged, I'm sure it would be minimal. Not sure that there would be buses direct to Pamukele, you may have to travel via somewhere like Izmir.

Edited: 2:22 pm, September 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Urgup
Urgup
Cappadocia, Turkey
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

Thanks.Do you know when the overnight bus leaves to Pamukkale -what time?

I have checked out some hotels in goreme -too many.Looking for one that has the ffg:

Minibar,Kettle(can do without if necessary and bring my own),free breakfast, not too small room at leat 20 sq.metres.Double room -we are 2 people.Price $60-80.Close to transportation bus,dolmus etc.Preferably good view if possible and near tourist area?

Coming for first time -leaving next week.

3. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, September 05, 2013
Istanbul
Level Contributor
645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

MarcoPolo Tourism, It is against TA's rules and regulations to self-promote your business, Kindly desist from this practice.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

I am not promoting anything!

I am a first time traveller.

I urgently need to know what time the overnight buses leave Cappadocia for Pamukkale and how long do they take?

Also need suggestions for hotel in Goreme -Refer to above for what I am looking for in hotel

URGENT.Am leaving next week.

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

You have left it very late to do your research and book. No one here is going to do your research for you, we are not paid travel agents, just tourists the same as yourself.

Many of the nicest cave hotels are very small and book up quickly, so you may be best, on this occassion just to use a hotel booking website, like bookin.com or hostel bookers to find something that matches your criteria.

I already said, I'm not sure a direct bus to Pamukele exists. Several of the bus companies are ,mentioned on this thread, you can google their websites and read their timetables - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297983-i5867-k6…

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
539 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

There are several direct overnight buses from Göreme, they leave at different times between 19.30 and 22.00 (probably the best as it takes about 10-11 hrs to get to Pamukkale and others get there too early in the morning). Suha Turozm is the best company, thy even have wifi on their buses, Metro is also good. You can buy your tickets when you arrive at Göreme.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

Thank you so much for your help!

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

You'll have an amazing time in Turkey! I happen to be a fan of Urgup, as I find it less touristy than Goreme, while others prefer Goreme. Regardless of which town you stay, you'll enjoy this beautiful country!

Mentioned in this post
Urgup
Urgup
Cappadocia, Turkey
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
544 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent! 2-3 days in Cappadocia

I think you have waited too long with your planning.

We plan to visit Turkey for the 2nd time next year, this time including Cappadocia. There is so-o-o much to see and do in Cappadocia. I have already started planning and doing research months ago and discover something new every day!

Good luck and enjoy.