We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on own self tour

KL
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Advise on own self tour

I need advise on itinerary for my Cappadocia trip which is 4 days.

I am planning to join the Blue and Green tours but thinking to do the Red tour myself. The areas that I wanted to cover in the 2 available days are Goreme Air Museum, Pasabag Monks Valley, Cavusin Village, Devrent Valley, Uchisar Castle and hiking to Rose Valley.

I need to know what is the best way I should arrange the order of the journey that can enable me to maximise my time and how to go about getting there (i.e. should I walk, take bus?). I know that I will be starting with Goreme Air Museum but don't know which other places above I should go next. On the 2nd day of my self trip, I will be taking an overnite bus to Denizli so I cannot stay out too late. Or am I better off taking the Red Tour and just hike Rose Valley on one of the days?

Appreciate any feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Devrent Valley
Devrent Valley
116 Reviews
Cappadocia, Turkey
Recep Yuce Professional Tour Guide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Turkey Packages and Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Balloon Rides, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips
Cappadocia Tours by TGT Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Balloon Rides, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
539 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on own self tour

If you want to see Devrent valley, you either have to choose the Red tour or rent a scooter or a bicycle, there is no public transport there and it's too far to walk. You can easily see the rest on your own. No tour goes to Uchisar castle, they just stop below it to take pictures, so if you want to go there, you have to do it on your own. Tours don't go to Zelve either, which is one of the highlights in my opinion.

I'd start day 1 by taking a local bus to Zelve, visiting the museum there, then walking back to Göreme through Pasabag, Cavusin and Rose valley.

On day 2 I'd start with Göreme open air museum (before 10), then walk through Pigeon valley to Uchisar, visit the castle there and take a local bus back.

I'd skip Devrent altogether, the landscape in Zelve is quite similar to Devrent, the only thing missing is the camel-rock, but it's really not worth the effort of getting there.

Mentioned in this post
Uchisar
Uchisar
Cappadocia, Turkey
Cavusin
Cavusin
Cappadocia, Turkey
2. Re: Advise on own self tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014