We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a private guide & driver

Kansas City
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a private guide & driver

Two of us are staying in Urgup in October and have one full day to see the area and want to see the Goreme Open air museum and an underground city. I haven't been able to find a group tour that offers both in one day so I want to hire a private guide and driver to develope our own tour. Any suggestions on guides?

11. Re: Recommendations for a private guide & driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, March 16, 2014
Kansas City
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendations for a private guide & driver

I just got back from Cappadocia and I did find a wonderful guide. Selim Ayas was easy to understand, wanted you to learn about the area sites and people, and even went our of his way to go by his house to get a battery charger when my camera battery died! He and his brother run the travel company, Stream Travel Agency and can be reached at info@turkeyptravelplan.com. The price was VERY reasonable and worth every penny. He took us to an underground city off the beaten path, with only the 3 of us in it, complete with flashlights, where he could stand and explain every hole, every room, and every tunnel. Others in our main group that went with 30 others didn't begin to learn what we did that day. The private our is the way to go and I highly recommend Selim or his brother.

13. Re: Recommendations for a private guide & driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 21, 2014