We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rocktown comapny doesnt rock

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
rocktown comapny doesnt rock

beware of this company. They get in the bus and give very good and tempting offers. we got carried away too. first he ddnt take us to Derinkuyu underground city but the other tiny one citing tht Derinkuyu is very crowded. second, he promised and took the cost of 60tl for Turkish nites including dinner. but imagine, no dinner and seats at the end of the row where we had to stand up n see. next the driver dropped us off somewhere far from the hotel late at nite. but we were adamant and ddnt get down and told him firmly to drop us at the gate. Later no calls were answered. They also ddnt take us to Avanos pottery village or the other churches around cappadocia but some workshop who were interested in only selling their wares.

So beware of this company and do not book tours here.

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: rocktown comapny doesnt rock

I will totally agree with that, it was awful and the guide wasn't honest, all he was trying to do is take our money and run from one place to another.

We wanted to see certain things of the old churches and specially the Goreme open air museum and he tricked us and made us believe that we did go but we didn't, and by the time we discovered that, it was too late to do it in our own.

Even the hotel, he gave a cheap deal, but it was a motel that wasn't clean,and the sheets were dirty. Imagine sleeping on a bed that was used by other people and wasn't cleaned after them.

I would never recommend that company to anyone.

Be careful, they catch you while you are still on the bus and get you talking to get a deal out of the conversation.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rocktown comapny doesnt rock

Sorry to hear about your bad experineces.

Hadn't heard of this company before so I just googled their website. They don't seem to show any Tursab registration which is a legal requirement.

I can imagine it was easy to get pressured by them on the bus but far better to use a reputable company.

3. Re: rocktown comapny doesnt rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 11, 2013