I am heading to Greece/Turkey end of this month for 2+ weeks, coming in from the Greek Islands to Kusadasi. My iti looks like this for the Turkey portion:
Day 9 - Samos to Kusadasi by ferry (Samos Star in the morning). Stay in Selcuk for the night.
Day 10 - Visit Ephesus. Overnite train to Ankara.Bus to Izmir in the late afternoon. For train to Ankara, Catch either 1. overnight 9 Eylül Ekspresi (September 9th Express) at 850 pm or 2. Izmir Mavi Tren at 7 pm.
Day 11 - Arrive in Ankara at 10 am. Visit Mausoleum of Kemal Atatürk. Travel to Goreme by bus.4 hrs bus to Nevsehir followed by short trip (10 km) to Goreme.
Day 12 - Cappadocia. Göreme Open Air Museum in the morning. After lunch, visit Love Valley, Paşabagı and Dervent (Pink) Valley.\
Day 13 - Cappadocia. Full day excursion. Morning to underground cities (Derinkuyu), Ihlara Valley & Guzelyurt.
Day 15 - Flight from Nevsehir Airport to Aratuk (istanbul) at noon.
Day 16 - Istanbul
Day 17 - Istanbul
Day 18 - Depart Istanbul
I have a few questions if anyone can help:
1. Samos Star ferry from Samos to Kusadasi. Apparently this ferry leaves at 8 am and I am trying to book it but cannot find any online sites to do so. Can anyone advise if it is operating in early May and how may I book it in advance?
2. I am quite uncomfortable flying Sun Express from Izmir to Kayseri. Is taking the train from Izmir to Ankara followed by bus a good alternative? (read from turkeyplanner.com that it is not bad). Is the 9 Eylül Ekspresi (September 9th Express) at 850 pm having the same kinda comfortable sleeper compartments as Izmir Mavi Tren at 7 pm?
3. When we arrive in Ankara in the morning, I am thinking of visitng Mausoleum of Kemal Atatürk, though with our backpacks and luggage it might be cumblesome. May I know what is the last bus or bus schedule from Ankara to Neveshir/Goreme? Do we need to book this in advance?
4. One of my main interests in Cappadocia is to visit Guzelyurt and do photography of the High Church (3km away from Guzelyurt) during sunset. Does anyone know if the High Church will be lighted up at night and around what time?
5. Is it reasonable to do underground cities (Derinkuyu) in the morning, couple of hours hiking in Ihlara Valley followed by the rest of the afternoon and evening in Guzelyurt?
6. May I know what is the estimated time of sunrise and sunset in Cappadocia in May?
7. I am kinda still researching my exact plans for Cappadocia on Day 14. Should I squeeze Avanos into the Day 12 instead and what other places can I do on Day 14?
Looks like I have quite a lot of questions above -_-". Please advise and all your comments are greatly welcomed. Thanks!