We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sky diving

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
sky diving

Can anyone tell me if they have any information about sky diving in kusadasi.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sky diving

Not skydiving that I know off, the nearest airstrip is at Izmir. You will be able to paraglide from ladies beach, if that helps.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sky diving

It looks like they do from the airstrip at Selcuk/Ephesus - http://eng.skydiveefes.com/ulasim.aspx

Edited: 4:43 pm, May 28, 2013
Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sky diving

The Turkish (inter)national parachute championships are held at SELCUK (Ephesus) every summer or early autumn. Entry to the large airstrip there is free, and there's nothing like watching a team of eight parachutists landing. They complete their aerobatics at high level - way out of sight from the ground - but transmit video to the hanger where we and the judges watch. I remember being very impressed by the (winning) Syrian military team a few years ago. I dread to think what they're up to now.

After their performance, the parachutists all land in random fashion somewhere near the hanger.

There is also a target competition, where individuals try to hit a mark with their heel, in the centre of a giant mattress. That's also fun to watch.

If you want to do a tandem jump, here's a possible link

http://www.selcukephesus.com/skydiving.html

They are very professional and I've never heard of an accident here. Which may be why other people don't seem to know about the place.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sky diving

A few years ago before old age caught up with me I did a tandum jump at Selcuk. Fabulous. Depending on the wind etc you can view Ephesus from the air. Close my eyes and I can still see it.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sky diving

travelshopturkey.com/ephesus_tours/skydiving… - it looks like fun,lol,,holiday ins prob maybe,, lol

Edited: 6:41 am, May 29, 2013
scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sky diving

Goodness that looks scary, I have just realised that i have seen the airstrip at Selcuk. I remember seeing the gliders!!

7. Re: sky diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 31, 2014