We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euros in turkey ??

devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
euros in turkey ??

I have been trading reviews on a hotel in belek that i have booked

And have noticed comments that say, for 10€ you can update, or the taxi was only 2€

Can anyone throw some light on this for me please as i thought it was turkush lira !!

Many thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euros in turkey ??

It is Turkish lira. They will accept euros or sterling if you have it but there is no point in exchanging sterling to euros to take to Turkey.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euros in turkey ??

When people write reviews they often refer to prices in Stg or Euro as that makes more sense to them and better informs the reader who may not be familiar with the local currency. The local currency is always more acceptable but for shopping etc most will accept other major currencies but be sure to check what rate they are offering to make sure it is in your favour.

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euros in turkey ??

Change a little money to lira for when you arrive and then change the rest in the resort. It is much easier to bargain in Lira.

Helen

4. Re: euros in turkey ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014