We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Kusadasi to Samos

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Kusadasi to Samos

Hello, I'll be traveling from Kusadasi to Samos by Ferry the 1st week of October. Is it necessary to purchase ferry tickets in advanced on-line some how? or can we just purchase them prior to boarding?

Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Kusadasi to Samos

Ive a feelıng ıts to be booked ın advance

Meander travel are the agents for tıckets

www.meandertravel.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Kusadasi to Samos

We travelled by ferry from Kuşadasi to Samos (Vathy) on Sunday 30th September. We wanted to get the 5pm ferry but every enquiry we made from Australia and Istanbul resulted in us being told that there might not be such a ferry, despite ferry websites (Meander, etc) listing it.. We were resigned to take the 8.30am ferry. Went to Selçuk "bus station" where we found a travel agent (ask for Tony or Michael - pseudonyms, I suspect) Tony was very helpful and telephoned someone in Samos and was assured that there would be a ferry (the Samos Star{ at 5pm on the Sunday. We booked the ferry there and then. I can't say that the Samos Star runs every day and especially during "winter season" but otherwise it does run on Sundays and Wednesdays. So if you wish to get a later ferry don't be deterred and just check it with Tony at the bus station in Selçuk.

Getting the afternoon ferry gave us the extra time to visit the lovely hilltop Ottoman village Şirince before catching the bus from Selçuk to Kuşadasi and the ferry to Samos

3. Re: Ferry from Kusadasi to Samos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 15, 2013