We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
day trip

we are going to be there between 630 am and 3pm on a cruise ship. I know it not much time but would like to know what would be the best things to see on such a short time thanks

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip

Ephesus is top

Virgin Mary House, Temple of Artemis, St John basilica

Selcuk including museum

Sirence village

Dilek National Park

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip

Quite a good list, bearing in mind the national park is about 40mins+ by Dolmus (7lira), otherwise the taxi can be quite pricey (I think 50 or 70 lira or something)

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip

ephesus,, 50 euro taxi, from the port theres a taxi office across the road as u come out of the port to your left,,ephesus taxi,s thay calln it,,thay,,take u there drop at enterance,20 lira,, in,the taxi waits for u at the ex/ way out..about 40 minn ,plenty to look around thay say,,

Edited: 5:47 am, August 02, 2012
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip

slic,,,the taxi place is to your right, not leaft ,,but theres be plenty waiting in the port.,, have fun,,6 lira big beer,,,7 lira tops lol,,

Edited: 5:53 am, August 02, 2012
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip

We did Ephesus followed by a mega shopping afternoon near the port. The markets are huge there. Whilst hubby browsed for what seemed like an eternity for a watch, I went to a unisex barbershop/hairdressers - amazing experience and a welcome escape from the incredible heat in July. Very cheap and they just keep on coming back to you with more and more treatments whilst you are in there. No wonder the Turkish men are always so well groomed.

Seriously though, ephesus is un-missable.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
460 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip

Hi Slicricky, think we met on the St Vincent and Grenadines board, no? You veterans gave me such great advice on that board. Thanks again!

Like you, I'm cruising in the eastern Med this fall. Have you checked out the Cruise Critic site and registered there? The "Ports" section of that site has great info on Ephesus and other ports. As well, you should register for your cruise roll call if you haven't done so. We were able to join up with a group on our roll call who were arranging a tour from Kusadasi port to Ephesus. Much less expensive than the cruiseline excursion, plus we can customize our day to suit the six of us.

Slick, you can email me if you like. I've been researching this cruise for months lwilliamstld@gmail.com

7. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:06 am, May 06, 2013
8. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi