We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
co. kerry
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
safety

is it safe to travel to turkey now with what is happening there? not going till september and i love it there was there last year but just slightly worried about it now! any help?

eastbourne
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

If there is any perceived safety risk then the foreign office would advise not to travel so i would not worry for the moment just wait and see what transpires.

UK
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety

"is it safe to travel now with what is happening there"

Have I missed something? What is happening?

eastbourne
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety

The border tensions with Syria and the Syrians shooting down a Turkish plane.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety

The border with Syria is miles and miles and miles away from Kusadi so at the moment there's no problem. What will happen in the future, who can tell - but I don't think (and this is only my opinion) Syria will want trouble with Turkey.

Jak xx

UK
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety

A said before, it would take around 12 hours on a bus to reach Syria, about the same as the UK to Spain! So not any real need to worry in my opinion.

Offaly, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: safety

We are planning to go to kusadasi for our honeymoon in a couple of weeks.

Is there any reason we shouldn't go now what with what's going on with that film that was made about the prophet muhammed?

I may be a little naive as I have never been before but I am just a bit concerned.

I understand that turkey is a muslim country.

UK
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safety

I think the tensions regarding the film are centred in Egypt and other African-Muslim countries. I wouldn't worry about it. In my experience/opinion Turkish Muslims are much more liberal than some other Muslim countries.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: safety

If there were to be any protests like in Egypt they would be more likely in the south east where it tends to be more rural and traditional or in smaller villages and towns inland. Western Turkey and large resorts like Kuşadası are more westernised and are welcoming and tolerant of all races and religions. They veer more towards European / Mediterranean in culture than Middle Eastern so I would not

worry and enjoy your honeymoon. As others have said the Syrian border is many many miles away - much further than anywhere in Ireland was during trouble in NI to put it in our context.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: safety

I am living in Kusadasi and I feel safety here more than UK. Nobody cares about the film or the Syria which is 2 hours with plane same distance to nearlu Munich. So I realy can not understand that what you are worried about?Everyday more than thousand tourist coming and going back and more than 10 thousand tourist in Kusadasi (15/09/2012) and I did not heart anything happened to anyone...

10. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 14, 2013