We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

Ephesus, Izmir...
6 posts
Save Topic
Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

Here is a good, non-commercial website where you can find information about Ephesus, Virgin Mary's House and many more ruins around Kusadası and İzmir.

www.theephesus.com

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

the app for android/kindle does not work - it only directs to their website - which means expensive roaming charges or lack of functionality - and this is ad for a website

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

1. this is an ad for a website - thought this was not allowed.

2. the ap does not work as such - it makes you think the information is resident on your phone - meanwhile every time you access the app - it downloads the website again.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

Brian

I don't have a problem with this website, there are no adverts and it appears to be good information from a local source. There is no requirement to access the app to use the website and the authors are allowing people to copy and use the images and the text. We often link to websites and many of these are commercial, as long as it is not blatant solicitation of business it is not breaking any rules.

Ephesus G, thank you for your link.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,938 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

I agree with you Gibson - I had feared the worst but was pleasantly surprised - an interesting site.

Ephesus, Izmir...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

Application we designed for the website is a downloadable version of the www.theephesus.com.

By downloading it you can save the website on your phone and use it while you are in ephesus with no roaming charges.

I guess you thought it directs you to the website but it doesnt.

It just looks same.

Ephesus, Izmir...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

Thanks for your beautiful comment.

Ephesus, Izmir...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

V. 3.0 of www.theephesus.com is online now.

thanks to additions of discerning travellers!

8. Re: Lovely website about Ephesus and Around!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, March 09, 2014