We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Kusadasi

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Kusadasi

Four of us used Taxi Kusadasi recently (Feb 2011) for a day trip from Kusadasi to visit House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus, and a Greek village in the hills nearby.

Erkan Özcetin picked us up at our hotel in Kusadasi with a brand new vehicle and drove us to see the sites. The cost for the day was quite reasonable, and Erkan provided a lot of good background for the sites we visited.

Would not hesitate to use his services on a return trip.

fwiw, we were on a bus tour of Turkey, and did this particular day tour on our own, rather than that offered by the tour provider at a higher cost. Very satisified.

tptr

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

Three of us will be in Kusadasi in July. Ypir experience sounds super. Would you give contact info for the driver and approximate cost?

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

Three of us will be in Kusadasi in July. Ypir experience sounds super. Would you give contact info for the driver and approximate cost?

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

http://www.taxikusadasi.com

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

thanks

eastbourne
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
5,502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

Hi

The rate for this kind of trip in the resort last year was 50 Euro.

Bear in mind if you are visiting in July it can get upto 40C in the afternoon so try to do the trip around 10am in the morning.

The Taxi will drop you at the top gate of ephesus and wait for your return at the bottom car park , a casual stroll through will take about 40 mins to 1hr.

Entrance price last year 20tl

Take water and hats with you, there are some shaded areas.

If going on a saturday try to visit Selcuk Market only a couple of miles down the road from ephesus and see the all the lovely fruit and spices and cheap clothing.

This link might be of interest:

ephesustour.us/turkey/the_house_of_virgin_ma…

Have a great time.

Edited: 4:24 am, February 20, 2011
Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

OHHH!!! I was just asking about that taxi company !! So it's GOOD ??!!!

What a relief - I am so happy to have stumbled over your post.

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

I have had a quote for 70 euros for the full day from Mr Özcetin and I am happy !!

Just for comparison......... I also had a quote from a company called www.autoeurope.com

>>>

Our rates include tax and an uniformed, English speaking driver. They do not

include gratuity, which we suggest of about 15% to be paid directly to the driver. For the service, the rate is approximately $1325.00 USD.

<<<

Milking the dumb tourists, eh ? LOL ! I congratulate them if they can persuade anyone to pay 1325 USD for a taxi ride - even with a uniformed chauffeur (unless of course the said chauffeur has other - - ahemmm - - services to offer ..... ;o)

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

GitteK:

If you have the taxi for the full day, have the driver take you up in the hills to the Greek village. (the name currently escapes me.)

We were totally satisfied with using Taxi Kusadasi and had a great day.

Price seems to be a bit higher than last year, but probably a sign of the times.

tptr

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

I would like to ad to the posts about Erkan (Ender) Ozcetin. We arrived in Kusadasi via HAL's ms Noordam two weeks ago but didn't want to take the cruise tour. I arranged a private taxi service to Ephesus with Ender Ozcetin - +90´549 614 82 66, taxi@kusadasitaxi.net. He does not provide a tour service...just the taxi ride back and forth. He is a nice person, efficient and reliable. He also speaks excellent English and was happy to drop us at a recommended, traditional restaurant in Kusadasi after our tour of Ephesus. Book with confidence!

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Kusadasi

I would like to ad to the posts about Erkan (Ender) Ozcetin. We arrived in Kusadasi via HAL's ms Noordam two weeks ago but didn't want to take the cruise tour. I arranged a private taxi service to Ephesus with Ender Ozcetin - +90´549 614 82 66, taxi@kusadasitaxi.net. He does not provide a tour service...just the taxi ride back and forth. He is a nice person, efficient and reliable. He also speaks excellent English and was happy to drop us at a recommended, traditional restaurant in Kusadasi after our tour of Ephesus. Book with confidence!