We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

Is there any luggage storage in kusadasi for the day.?

We're arriving via samos ferry at around 930 am and taking the plane out to istanbul thru izmir that same night.

any recommendations?

Is it safe to leave our luggage in the car if we hire a private tour?

thanks.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

Hi

I’m not aware of any storage places to leave your luggage in Kusadasi. I would advise that you do not leave anything in Kusadasi; Kusadasi is in the opposite direction for Izmir. You need to go from Ephesus (Selcuk) to Izmir. (Unless the road layout has changed since my last visit)

I would like to think that your luggage would be safe in the boot of a car especially if it’s only for a couple of hours and from what I can remember the car park was pretty busy. If I remember right when I went with a private tour company I had a tour guide and a driver. The driver dropped me off at the main entrance and the parked at the exit gate, so he was waiting for me at the end of my tour. The driver was with his bus the whole time, so I was able to leave my coat on the seat of the bus.

It might be an idea if you were to ask your tour guide to recommend a Guest House/Hotel/ Restaurant or even HAMAM in Selcuk were you could leave you luggage safely and have some where to freshen up before your journey to Izmir.

I’m sure that someone on this forum, who knows the area better then me; could recommend some where; especially the Turkish Bath/Massage that you so desire!

It might be an idea to take a small bottle of water with you when walking around Ephesus and if you have a hat you may want to wear because it does get very hot there.

Enjoy!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

Benji, what company did you get your private tour from?

Thank you so much for your reply. Im taking luggage into consideration since i wasnt sure if i wanted to stay in the area for the night or just take a late night flight to istabul so i could go around istanbul sights early the following day.

Tank again

West Midlands
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

Hi Hollymalu

I’m really sorry but I can not 100% remember the company who I booked with. However Diane Travel does keep coming to mind, may be it’s because Diana Travel organise the ferry crossings from Samos to Kusadasi and organise tours in the region. I defiantly remember booking on more than one occasion trips to Samos/Kusadasi; each time I found them to be very reliable, I would highly recommend them. I’m sure if you were to contact them they would be able to accommodate your needs especially if they know that you are travelling by ferry from Samos. If they can’t help you I’m sure that they will put you in contact with someone who can.

Check out their website, they’re a huge company.

http://www.dianatravel.com/eng/index.htm

Please let me know how you get on I would be very interested! Good Luck!

Benji.

4. Re: 3/4 day in kusadasi to see ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 06, 2009