We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:06 pm, July 25, 2015
2 posts
1. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

Me too I'm really scared as well, some people have said its far from the border but I'm not convinced.

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

Hi,

im off in 2 days and cant wait! I felt the same at first but you have just got to think terror can happen anywhere, uk,spain,france,turkey,egypt and many more have high risk of terrorism according to uk.gov travel.

the best thing to do is have a good think what you want to do because the last thing you want to be doing is panicking all holiday.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
29 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

Enough already!!! There are so many threads and posts on this.

Look at a map - the Syrian border is 500 miles away.

https:/…safety-and-security

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

I visited Turkey for my summer holiday 4 times in a row now. I was in Egypt and Tunisia before too, Turkey is a totally different country. While I had many doubts (before the revolution too) to leave the hotel in Egypt or Tunisia, outside the hotel Turkey in antalya region feels like a central european country..

I was in awe when I needed a medicine, and I found outside the hotel a big shopping centre with an awesome pharmacy and professional english speaking workers there.

As the others said, we are living in age where you can find danger anywhere. (for example the terrorist attack few months ago in Sidney). If you feel safe for example in London, there is no need to fear in Turkey which is a very friendly country.

You will surely have a great time.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
29 reviews
105 helpful votes
5. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

https:/…turkey

Another link to the Foreign Office advice that the Daily Express can't seem to find....

scotland
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
152 reviews
331 helpful votes
6. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

I so understand..MANY people are scared..I am a tad nervous myself..

we had 5 trips to Tunisia..last one was in the hotel Imperial Marhaba( the one in the brunt of the attack).. watched the news all day yesterday, so sad for those families who lost loved ones, also sad for the Tunisian people who are now going to lose their living in the days ahead.

Where ever we travel , there is always some degree of risk.... I feel( so far) Turkey is safe enough, Our 7th trip booked for November and YES we are hopefully going

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

I'm staying at royal dragon - big complex - what about u?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
29 reviews
105 helpful votes
8. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

The big complexes have always had pretty tight security. As they are All Inclusive they don't want non-paying guests wandering and taking advantage of the facilities. I visited a friend recently at one of the bigger resort hotels and had to surrender my i.d. to security before I could go in.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

The terrorist attack in Tunisia is a very sad, but isolated incident that has no bearing on the security of a holiday in Turkey. Turkey is a very security-conscious country with one of the world's largest armed forces.

Several people who have had their Tunisia holidays cancelled have rebooked to travel to Turkey in the next week. It won't affect my September holiday. I'm sure that you will have a wonderful holiday. Relax and enjoy.

Edited: 2:40 am, June 28, 2015
2 posts
10. Re: Scared to travel after the attack on Tunisia beach

Wow all the positive feedback on Turkey, we are booked to leave in two weeks to Side. But I'm terribly nervous about the whole holiday. Maybe after this terrorist attack happened in Tunesia they might improve & tighten security. I'm very sad what happened in Tunesia many innocent lives lost. Til now I'm so scared to go. We have a all inclusive family friendly hotel.