We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etiquette

Which Side hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Etiquette

Arriving early hours of Saturday and have arranged with Abdullagh for my wife to go to a Turkish bath.

Just wondered do I pay him directly of pay at the baths.

Cheers

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etiquette

You can pay at the baths - no need to see Abdullah unless you wish to.

Be aware often in the Side turkish baths they tell you you have a back or shoulder problem when you actually don't - so they suggest an additional Turkish Bath or 2 - it's just their way of marketing - so just be firm and say No Thank You.

The one that Abdullah normally sends people to is the VIP Hamam which is the only one in Side that has in addition to sauna and steam baths, the salt room which is very good for your pores. You do those 3 before you have the Turkish Bath. Total time is normally 2.5 hours of total pampering. I have one every 6 weeks or so. I hope you enjoy it.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etiquette

Angela, thank you so much. Your help. and insight into Side is invaluable. However, how much do I pay Abdullagh for organising it? is it a fee or just tip him. And whats a reasonable tip.sorry so many questions:)

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etiquette

Thanks for your kind comments Gerry - no need to tip Abdullah anything - the Turkish Bath place will pay him a commission for introducing you - you just need to pay them when you go - and if you want to leave a tip for the masseuse, a few TL would be fine and/or to the driver who takes you there - not obligatory though - just up to you and what you think of the service -

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etiquette

Angela does the price from Abdullah include a massage ?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Etiquette

Yes - the 45 TL for Turkish Bath includes - exfoliating at the beginning - soap massage - relax room - then oil massage - takes about 2.5 hours in total -

6. Re: Etiquette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 15, 2013