We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

side

leicester
13 posts
Save Topic
side

has anybody got any information on the SELGE HOTEL IN SIDE i am having a job to get to know if anyone has stayed there and what is it like is it near the beach and is it near the town?.

London, UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: side

Do Not Stay There! My Fiance and I have just got returned from a holiday there and the hotel is awful, sorry. The staff are very dishonest when purchasing meals and drinks from the hotel retaurant and bar. They do not allow you to pay for food and drink at the end of your meal or at time of purchase. Instead, they ask you for your room number and everything goes on a tab. When it comes round to paying your bill, they have added items of food or drink onto your bill that you have not had, and it takes a lot of arguing to have these removed from your bill. This problem was encountered by nearly everyone staying there when we were there, and caused many upsets. Also the ground floor has no air conditiond, only floors 2 and 3. Lastly, it is situated next to the Elyulum Motel, which is a brothel frequented by Turkish men all night, including hotel staff!!, also there are prostitutes walking up and down outside te hotel touting business from passing cars. Apart from that, 15 mins from beach and 20 mins from town.

greater manchester
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: side

Good luck you will need it. I stayed in the Selge hotel with my daughter in July. Write down everything you have from the pool bar because they will keep adding and adding to your bill. The staff can be very rude and ignorant (Most of the Time) go out of the hotel turn right their is a beistro great food polite service and a quarter of the price of the hotel. Turn left you have got sultans bar (Great) I asked for the mini bar advatised in the hotel to recive an empty fridge ��40 for two weeks take note you will be watched for taking drinks up to the room many were stoped for the management to look in the bags. Myself and my 15 year old daughter was followed and propositioned near the hotel (Brothel next door) sleep in your room and go out and about thats my advice thats if you cant change your hotel, Good luck

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: side

Hello I am going to Gazipassa Hoel next Friday does anyone know what its like and how far it's away from the beach,bars,shops and restaurants?

england west...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: side

hi, we stayed there oct 2005(just 1 wk ago) and we found it a very nice place, i dont understand how some people can say it was bad because we found it very nice, the beach is just a 10 min walk away but theres also a free bus from the hotel, we prefered the walk though, the hotel itself is very clean and the pool area is well kept and very nice,the staff were also very friendly and couldnt do enough for you,people keep saying that it is in the red light district but we never saw any of that and we were allways out and about at all times of the day and night, we also took food back to our rooms most nights from the local kebab places and no-one ever stopped us, the cleaners also cleaned the rooms daily(ours was very messy,clothes everywhere and empty kebab wrappers,not like that at home ...honest)so if the staff had problems with you bringing food back to your room then they would have said something to us,the town is not too far, its right by the beach, again about a 10 min walk, the next little town of manavgat is slightly larger, selling more things and you can get there by the local bus(called dolmus)very cheaply, it stops right outside the hotel, all in all we had a very good experience at the hotel and would definately stay there again,hope you have a good holiday like we did..good luck

Paris, France
Level Contributor
295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: side

sorry,there are very nice hotels in Side but you must

pay more,cheap=worst

6. Re: side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 21, 2009