We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time does Side wind down at night?

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
What time does Side wind down at night?

Hi,

We're currently looking at Antonio's motel for next year's holiday but won't arrive until about 1am due to rubbish flight time. Would anywhere still be open for food or drinks? Thanks in advance :)

7 replies to this topic
Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

The young Turkish guy who is the manager at Antonios is very welcoming and kind. If you email him ahead of time, I am sure he could rustle up something for you. When will you be there? My friend Jim Mawer stayed there last week. He is from Liverpool but lived in Surrey near me most of the time and had never been to Side before. He absolutely LOVED Antonios which he had found by himself on the Internet. I had never heard of it, despite living here in Side for 12 years. It is only a few months old - well the buildings certainly aren't - but the young Turk and his pregnant wife must have bought it recently. She is about to have the baby any minute now. She does not speak a word of English but his English is fairly good. Jim paid 13 Euros per night b and b at Antonios and had their wonderful buffet for just 6 Euros every night.

It really is a charasmatic cute typically Turkish b and b and I am sure you will be very happy there. His room, like most of the others there, had a single bed and a double bed as well as 2 x balconies ... the bigger balcony had a table and chairs and the other one did not. The place was full, so you are wise to book for next year now. Have a great holiday. x Angela in Side x

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

Antonios is located in the heart of Old Town Side where the shops, bars and restaurants stay open until midnight at least.... the bars and restaurants probably later still ... then tend to close when the last customer goes, which could be 3am or 4am even! Talk about customer service eh?! x Angela in Side x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,920 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

Bars & restaurants are currently staying open until the small hours, ie. past midnight.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

I arrived at Antonios in the early hours last year, and Sevket the manager offered me a free drink... which he does for all customers on arrival... and offered to make a meal if l wanted it. The restaurants are usually closing down at that time, but next door to Antonios is a lovely restaurant called Gul, l didn't get chance to go in but has great reviews. We are at the hotel sometimes, it's all Turkish and some German food, it's ok, and is fine for a meal on arrival.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

It depends on the time of year. In mid-summer as people as said above, early hours. In mid-winter when the sun goes down around 4pm. At other times, between the two according to demand.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

Thanks everyone for your replies, we're looking at early June but still not booked :)

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What time does Side wind down at night?

fmartinez - I looked on www.skyscanner.net for the cheapest and most direct flights to Antalya airport from East Midlands airport next June 2018. There is a Thomas Cook flight on Thursday, 7th June to Antalya, returning on Thursday, 21st June for £177 return. Or Thursday, 14th June returning on Thursday, 28th June... also direct both ways on Thomas Cook ... £185 return. Would either of those two be suitable for you? x Angela in Side x

Reply to: What time does Side wind down at night?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Side