We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

I am looking to go to Turkey in June for a week. I have 2 choices of hotel one is Kemer (Fantasia Hotel De Lux) and one in side (Melas Resort Hotel).

This will be my first time to Turkey and I'd like people's opinions on which would be best for a couple late in their twenties. Require relaxing, beach, water sports and maybe close to town/restaurants etc.

Thanks

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

If water sports include scuba, then Kemer would be the better place.

North Wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

We've been to both - Side in 2010 and then last year to Kemer.

On both occasions we stayed at the Amara chain of hotels (Amara Beach & Amara Wing). Unfortunately neither appear to be bookable any longer through U.K. based Travel Agents. Such a shame as the accomodation and service at both of these hotels was simply excellent.

Side has without doubt a better beach, being predominately sand and gently sloping. The beaches at Kemer arein the main man made from stone/pebble.

Likewise the ancient town of Side has far more charm than Kemer.

We stayed at both Resorts during the middle of September. The weather at Side was far more guaranteed. Kemer sits directly below a high mountain range, which in turn tended to attract far more cloud.

My money would therefore be on Side.

Hope this helps.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

Thank you so much for the response. Exactly what I was looking for. From this Side sounds the better area for us so will concentrate on visiting here.

Thank you

North Wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

Glad the response was of some use.

If you want to drop us an E-Mail we'll gladly provide you with additional information which might assist with your proposed holiday to Side.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

And forget the Fantasia Deluxe it is just awful I left 9 days early due to poor cleaning and service issues

london
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

been to Side for the past 3 years but this year going to Beldibi but I can recommend a great Chinese restaurant good food good service and not too expensive if you fancy a change rom the hotel food its called China Court there are reviews on here If you need any further ideas or advice I am more than happy to help

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

if you are going to stay in Side then i would recommend that you try and ask Angela Surrey some questions as we found her to be very helpful when we went to Side last year, she has her own place out there which she lives in for several months at a time, she knows all the best resteraunts, hotels and the best trips to do, after listening to her advice we saved a lot of money and time when booking things. The best place to contact her would be on the Side forum, if you do chat with her give her our regards from Andy and Jane from Cardiff. Hope you have a really good time in Turkey we have been going for the last 7 years and counting.

Regards Andy..

Edited: 12:12 pm, May 15, 2013
Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

Apartments are not all great in every place. Adjusting a bit higher for a more comfortable temporary apartments Carrizo Springs tx is not too bad. Try it and you won't regret.

9. Re: Kemer or Side? Also which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kemer