We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children in Kas

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Children in Kas

Hi

We are travelling to a family wedding in Kas in July and as it is our first family 'sun holiday' I want it to go as smoothly as possible!

Our two children are quite young (5 and 6) so I am searching for a reasonably priced hotel that is easily accessible, has air con and preferably also has a pool. Any suggestions?

Also, I have been told the boat trip to Kekova is fantastic but can be a bit choppy, is it safe for small children?

Finally, we may have to stay for two weeks, is there enough to keep two boisterous young boys occupied in Kas all that time? Considering spending some time elsewhere (for example, our flights will come into either Dalaman or Antalya so we could base ourselves there for a while) any suggestions on this?

kas
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Children in Kas

hello from kas!

your familly will have lots of fun in kas.kekova tour,limanagzi beach,buyukcakil beach etc.hire a car and travel to kalkan and patara.

stay at hideaway hotel.such a good place with ocean view and s.pool.located at the center but just next to old greek theater because of the soo quiet and away from the bar and clubs....

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children in Kas

Hi BreadandWater

Thanks for your reply, we had pretty much decided to go to the Hideaway (if only based on the great reviews here) but your recommendation has confirmed that this is where we should go.

Thanks again.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
326 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children in Kas

We went on the Kekova boat trip when our son was 6 and he was fine. We went from Ucagiz - and were bombarded with boat owners wanting to take us to the sunken city - we got a boat to ourselves (with the driver of course) for £15. Ucagiz has lots of restaurants/cafes with the Ottoman style seating areas up on platforms like tree houses - exciting for children. My husband also did a sea kayaking trip around Kekova.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children in Kas

Hi Tarkan fan and Grainneog,

We went on the Simena boat trip in sept 2006 with the family. Two children ages 8 and 11 at that time. It was not choppy. We boarded at the Demre harbour which I guess is much farther than Ucağiz. We spent a few hours on the boat both there and back. It was a nice day. We paid 100 YTL for the private trip. We bargained the price a bit they orginally wanted more. I have posted a rewiew with some photos as well. Have a look tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312727-d600…

As a mom with two of my own I know what it is like to try and keep the kids entertained. Why not rent a car and travel a bit around the historical sites of the area. Demre ( St Nicholas church ) and the rock toumbs at Myra which I have also reviewed with photos. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312727-d555…

If you click on my profile you will find more reviews and posts for things to do in the Kas area. My favorite place is the tiny village of Cirali. Not anything like Kas. More the traditional Turkish village and many people comment that Cirali is what Kas use to be like 10 years ago. This little village is the only one left on the Antalya coastline that has not been taken over by mass tourism because it is proctected by the WWF.

Or you could visit the area of Fethiye only a few hours drive from Kas. Be sure to see the ruins of Kaya Koyu. İn Fehtiye and probably in Kas you can also find some water parks to keep the kids busy. do the history in the morning and then chill out at a pool in the afternoon.

Have a nice time.

CanMom

kas
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Children in Kas

hello and merhaba

thank you for your kind msg... there are many option for your young kids to do in kas (dolphin park!!!-some parks where kids can play even on big pebble beach about 1,5km from center and hideaway (hideaway@superposta.com) provide a free service to they visiters.

you can take a glass bottom boat or gulet ( wooden boat)from kas marina to kekova area they dont charge to kids and las year that was 30ytl perperson with lunch incl.

its 140km from dalaman airport and you can rent a private car -m.bus for 160 ytl it takes 2hrs 30mnt and antalya airport is 200km by private car 3hrs-+15mnt around 200 ytl at pick season you may be luck enought to fine via verca with others than price can be cheaper.

good travel- sunny days

lancashire
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Children in Kas

hi kas ,IS a lovely place we have been 6 yrs in a row! however , the so called `dolphin park` is apparently run by a proffessor for children with disabilities and is not open to the public. lets keep it that way. the day that kas is spoilt in that way--i`m off!

have a good one(sure you will)

7. Re: Children in Kas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 pm, February 08, 2007
Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Children in Kas

Thanks to everyone for their good advice, it looks like we will be travelling with kids, grandmother, cousins, everyone!

Really looking forward to seeing Kas, especially since everyone rates it so highly.

Thanks again!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Children in Kas

Sorry to disappoint you Bengalscat but the Dolphin Park IS open to the fee paying public. For an exhorbitant fee you can swim with the dolphin for about 5 minutes. And I would not encourage anyone to visit the place as the pool is far too small for the mammals they keep. If Joe Public stopped visiting the place then the owners would have to stop taking wild animals from the sea and incarcerating them. Sorry to rant on but I hate the place!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Children in Kas

Hi all

Just a follow on from our trip to Kas, I must say it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been -so picturesque and laid back!

Our kids really enjoyed it (as long as they had a pool they were happy) and we spent one day doing a safari trip out to the Sakklikent Gorge which was absolutely brilliant for both adults and kids (but I would only recommend it to someone who is of moderate fitness).

A fabulous first foreign family holiday! (The only downside is that it takes so long to get to from Dublin with two small children!)

Get answers to your questions about Kas