We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
245 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Hi there

Visiting Kas at the end of June with my teenage daughters aged 19 and 17. Have looked at previous posts about night life in Kas and it seems as if there are some bars for them to check out, but any up to date info would be great on places to go. Do any of the bars have dancing/music as well? They'd really enjoy that.

Obviously not looking for a mad clubbing scene - that's why we're coming to Kas!!

We're staying on the peninsula, will the girls be OK by themselves in Kas?

Thanks for your help!

FFF x

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Well, for a such a small town Kas offers quite a bit - for all ages. As for the kids you may have seen this thread from last year:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297965-i4654-k5…

As you say Kas is not a major clubbing place but the Red Point and Queen Bar are perennial favorites for music and dancing (not that I ever dance). There is also the Echo Bar.

Although we are in our 50s we are reasonably frequent visitors to the Red Point, there is usually some good music for the oldies until midnight or so then it really becomes a place for younger people (and we leave!). From what I have seen however it does appear to be the most popular place.

I see no reason why your daughters shouldn't be safe, subject to the usual care that people should take anywhere. Kas is a very laid back town with nothing like the sort of hassle that people seem to experience in other Turkish resorts. To me, it also seems that the people of Kas are determined to protect it's image and are very conscious of looking after their guests.

Edited: 3:56 pm, February 26, 2013
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Kas is a really small place but there are several option for partying. Kas is the one of the safest place compared to Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye and many other holiday towns in Turkey.

Red Point Bar is a really nice place for dancing even for mid aged guests.

Queen Bar would be an option for a family visit with its nice harbour view terrace, dancing floor and plenty of coctails.

Mavi Bar is on the square where all Turkish traveller meets and they mainly play rock Music. I prefer Wall Bar rather than Efendi or Mavi Bar.

Again welcome to Kas. Get ready for a great holiday.

Regards

Cpt. Ergun

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
245 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Hi Adana and Cpt Ergun

Thanks very much for replying and thanks for the link Adana, some good info on there.

It seems as if there's a fine choice of bars and music in Kas and the girls will have a great time experiencing them all, no doubt! Red Point sounds brilliant for all of us, although I would imagine the oldies will get ditched fairly quickly!!

Kas sounds lovely, can't wait to get there and I like the sound of cocktails in Queen's Bar - yes please!

Thanks for the welcome Cpt Ergun - we may see you in June!

wigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Hello

Go and find Captain Ergun - he is a very nice young man - yes young man not what i was expecting at all !!

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
245 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Hi wW

That made me smile! It will be great to meet young Captain Ergun!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

Thank you all.

You are all more than welcome for a complimentary G&T on board.

Regards

Cpt. Ergun

7. Re: Any recommendations for night life in Kas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations