We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving back from Olympos

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
134 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Driving back from Olympos

We'll be based out of Kas, and planning to spend one day stopping in Demre and then driving to Olympos to see the ruins on the beach. After dinner in Cirali, I want to see the Chimaera flames as late as possible (sunset) and then head back to Kas at 8pm.

How are the road conditions?

Would it be safe driving the 4hrs back to Kas along the coastal route in the dark, or faster mountain route?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving back from Olympos

I'm sure the drive from Cirali to Kas is only 2 - 2.5 hours..

We were in Kas in June and Loved it,going to Ciral,Istanbul and Gocek next month...Hope we like Cirali and Gocek as much..

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving back from Olympos

From Cirali the journey should take around 2 hrs via the coast road which is very straight forward.

I wonder why you might think that a 'mountain route' will be quicker? (not sure what route you are thinking of?) The coast road is very good and although the section between Finike and Demre is very windy it really isn't difficult and there isn't a great deal of traffic, especially at night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
134 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving back from Olympos

Ok that sounds much better. Perhaps I misread somewhere, or am thinking of coming from Fethiye regarding the 4hr mountain route. Thanks for the quick reply!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving back from Olympos

It sounds like you are thinking of the mountain route from Fethiye to Antalya (or vice versa) which would be approx 4 hrs as opposed to the coastal route (D400) which takes about 5.5 + hours. Note that this is to Antalya and additional time would be required to Cirali.

From the Cirali area to Kas there really isn't an option to the coast road

5. Re: Driving back from Olympos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kas