We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Kas have a wilder side?

chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Does Kas have a wilder side?

Three of us visited Kas last year in the absence of our 18 year old son, for whom the allure of a 'free house' at home was somewhat greater than 2 weeks in a villa with mum, dad and slightly younger sis. Now a pale, allegedly impoverished student the Prodigal has decided that 2 weeks of sunshine, good food and free beer is a decidedly more alluring prospect. So, against expectations he is joining us in the same villa as last year on the Peninsula. We loved Kas and everything said about it in these forums is very accurate - it is a uniquely delightful spot and this is the first time in 20 odd years we we have decided to go straight back somewhere for a holiday. The Prodigal is however beginning to realise that his active nocturnal life as a student in Cardiff may not adapt successfully to strolls by the harbour, sunset visits to the Roman theatre or an early morning fresh orange juice with Gozleme at the Market. His sister will also be disappearing for 2 nights to live it up with some pals in Kalkan - whilst last year she enjoyed the nightlife there, she still preferred the more 'chilled' and less British influenced Kas style. Which leaves us with the Prodigal, an active, lively lad who enjoys a night out. He is Sporty and we're already enthusing about the joys of jumping off a mountain strapped to a smiling Turkish person with a parachute (he was not too keen) or learning how to scuba dive (more enthusiastic, but would probably expect an encounter with a leatherback turtle at least on Day One). He does not share his Dad's enthusiasm for history, nor his Mum's salamander-like ability to bask on rocks. So, any suggestions for how a nearly-19 year old might best amuse themselves in and around Kas by day and night would be appreciated. He's not expecting Ibiza (fortunately), and I think he will love the town's relaxation-inducing atmosphere, but it would be good if he and his sister could find some likeminded, similar aged people to facilitate an escape from the old folks. Ideas welcome please!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Oh Brynsdad your post really made me laugh!

Not sure really what to suggest as I,m stuck in the relaxed mode :-)

I,m sure if he checks out Red Point or Queen Bar he will meet up with like minded youngsters (Gawd thats making me sound old).

For "activities" there are a couple of adventure sport companies who I,m sure will find something to whet his appetite.

Seakayaking for example. Bouganville Travel I bet could find something to while away a few days.

Definately encourage him to do the paragliding - a fantastic experience which left me smiling more than the Turk!

How about a trip out to Saklikent so he can hike the gorge - a good day out fro everyone.

Have a great holiday!

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

I would totally agree with Aslansmum. There is lots to do if you want it. I too would definitely recommend Saklikent. I have to go once at least every year. There is also seakayaking, scuba diving etc Koclar travel agency do good tours. They also do quad biking which your son might enjoy. Ask for Volkan. He is extremely friendly and helpful. At night time your son will enjoy the Queen bar.

chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I will choose my moment to share them with the Prodigal. He's currently on a cold, damp beach in South Wales sharing a less-than-waterproof tent with several friends and (doubtless) a seriously depleted crate of lager. Kas will be a welcome culture shock in a few weeks time, can't wait!

chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I will choose my moment to share them with the Prodigal. He's currently on a cold, damp beach in South Wales sharing a less-than-waterproof tent with several friends and (doubtless) a seriously depleted crate of lager. Kas will be a welcome culture shock in a few weeks time, can't wait!

5. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, April 17, 2012
chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Thanks again - "Tired and busy' sounds especially good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Excellent Post.

As he likes camping, book him into the camp site at the start of the peninsula, leave him a good supply of efes and collect him on the way back to the airport two weeks later!!!

chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Brilliant. Job done, the only problem is he took the tent to a festival in Wales last weekend and we haven't seen him since. Apparently he's now painting a beach hut in Dorset having spent 5 unscheduled days at his girlfriend's place making breakfasts, helping her Dad in the garden, diagnosing canine ailments and generally being the dream house guest (although we're a bit concerned that he only brought sufficient underwear for 3 days under canvas and it is now 9 days since he left)

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

Definitely leave him at the camp site. He should get away with just his shorts, so long as he goes swimming in the sea each day!!

Strange with kids how they put them selves out for others, but not their parents, unless they need a sudden cash injection or a favour doing!!!

PS. Don't sit near him on the plane!!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does Kas have a wilder side?

It would seem that "prodigal" is becoming a minor celebrity - is he aware that we have inside knowledge of his underwear habits!

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations