We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Kas very hilly ?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is Kas very hilly ?

Is Kas very hilly and is it less so than Kalkan which I understand has very steep hills ?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

Adana ...maybe you miss-understood my post...I was only trying to offer an alternative in suggesting Cirali..and especially if the member is flying into Antalya say over Dalaman airport.

My point was to suggest that Cirali is still a rural village and not a town. All places like Kas, Kalkan, Fethiye etc..are proper towns and some larger than others..of course they cannot compare to the city of Antalya for example..but they are still much bigger than Cirali....and therefore draw more tourists..

and yes Kas or Kalkan has changed over the years with more private villas, hotels, etc that have been built since its rural days..

Dont get me wrong Kas is a lovely place and offers other alternatives that Cirali possibly cant...for example there is no marina in Cirali / Olympos...Kas is also a great place to dive..and so on....

And when I meant package tours..that to me is flights with hotels offered in one ...from various travel companies..like you mention the Thomas Cook brochure...but of course that does not mean that all people coming to Kas are doing that..many are independant travellers.

it was just a suggestion for a flatter environment..and to each their own..everyone has there holiday farvorite places to visit...you wont find Cirali in any of those travel brochures.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

Hi Pat,

enjoy the photos and where ever you go for holidays in Turkey have an enjoyable holiday...I also agree with Aslansmum..the Hideaway is a great little hotel ..and gets wonderful reviews.

Edited: 5:55 pm, April 08, 2010
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

I apologise for posting misleading info on your other post about Kalkan or Kas and thanks Adana for pointing out the live music venues. Obviously we didn't explore enough bars when we have been in Kas!

Edited: 12:17 pm, April 09, 2010
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

Ha!

Attagul, you have not perhaps spent as much time loitering around these dens of iniquity as I obviously have and can be forgiven for not being aware of their presence. It may be that you may spend too much time in the equally lovely Gocek! (but who can blame you for that)

We must meet up in Kas sometime and I can expose you to some of the less obvious (to some, non existent) highlights of Kas.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

I have posted this link before,but in view of the OP's question and just because I think its a great site, I think that it is worth posting again.

If you click on the link below it will take you to some interactive panoramic photographs of Kas which will give you idea of the layout and topography of the main areas.

There are links to similar sites of other nearby places of interest

http://www.antalyavirtualtour.com/kas.php

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

Oh great Adana - I was looking at your great new thread about the map of Kas and remembered this panoramic site from last year. I like the night street scenes that they have added! thanks for bumping the thread up again and we must make a new foray to lovely Kas some time!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

Hi Adana

Thanks for the link to this great panoramic view of Kas, one of my favourite places. It's some years since we were last there, and this has reminded me of how great Kas is, and how much we enjoyed our holidays there - many happy memories.

We're all booked up for this year, Olu Deniz in June and Thailand later in the year, but now I'm thinking.....maybe Kas next year!

18. Re: Is Kas very hilly ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kas