We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aircraft on the pier in Kas

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Aircraft on the pier in Kas

What is old aircraft appeared on the pier in Kas?

Is it for diving or for memorial?

May be aircraft will mount under water, so?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

It could well be going to be sunk for diving purposes.Quite recently an old aircraft was sunk just off Akçakoca in the Black Sea close to where I live in Duzce.

3 or 4 years ago two boats given by the Turkish Navy were sunk off Bodrum for the same reason.They are now well colonised so offer something of extra interest to divers.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

It has now been sunk and is being explored by divers.

For people who have never been to Kas, the "pier" Baical is referring to is a scrap of beach just outside Kas, just in case people were thinking we had our own little bit of Blackpool :) LOL.

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

Sorry, I have not correctly identified the location of the photo. :)

flickr.com/photos/…

Where is the beach?

It is next to the Dolphinarium on the peninsula?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

Here? wikimapia.org/…s

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

Yes Baical, the plane was just across from the dolphinarium on the tiny bit of beach there (called Inci boğaz).

Davidm, interesting aerial photograph, a bit out of date as the area just before the dolphinarium now has a cafe. Interestingly, it shows just how small the dolphinarium is.

But that is another subject - and I,ve lent my soapbox to a friend for the day :)

6. Re: Aircraft on the pier in Kas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, January 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kas