We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boozed up brits

lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
boozed up brits

i have had the pleasure of knowing kas for 7 years now,like the majority of people i appreciate kas for its beauty and village life,the tranquillity and peace. this was rudely interupted last week by a roaming pack of boozed up brits who had taken up residence in the secret garden bar , after putting up with the screams of LOSER LOSER and various profanaties they were asked to leave but they only did this after making an ugly scene. they apparently are only allowed in the one bar in kas (the german bar 1/2 way down the slippery slope) because the bars won`t tolerate their behavior. they have been going to kas for 10 yrs and go the 1st 2 weeks of sept every year according to the embarressed rep

it wasn`t what i wanted to encounter in kas so i am warning other kas lovers, they stay at the phellos hotel, and if any one reading this was one of the boozed up brits you looked so ugly and are not wanted in kas

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boozed up brits

Hear hear bengalcats - sometime I am sooooo embarrassed to be british! We too had that similar experience in a hotel in Istanbul - drunken brits screaming profanities and banging on our hotel room door and wall and generally behaving REALLY badly.

Im so sorry that people like that have discovered nice quiet places like Kas - and I really hope that they don't give the likes of all us Brits a bad name - coz they are totally in the minority and I hate to see lovely places in turkey spoilt by them. I had hoped that they would stick where the pubs and macdonalds and KFC's in turkey but obviously not..I really do sympathise with you!!

Cheers! :((

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boozed up brits

Bengalcats

I heard about this group last year. The bar they frequent is BarCelona and they upset many people there.

Many of whom, like yourself are regulars to Kas. Sadly they don't care about anyone but themseives.

The secret garden bar you refer to, is that Hideaway? Next to Akdeniz restaurant?

lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boozed up brits

yes that is the one, my husband and me have our own little names for places ie posh slippery and corner bar i say every year that we must learn the correct names but we never do! the gentle people in the hideaway were doing their best to quieten them but eventually the people having a drink got them out.. absoulutley disgusting . it has put me off from visiting next september but then again.. why should 1 drunken group spoil my holiday? don`t stay at the phellos we picked up from there coming home and the scenes inside the reception were of football shirted hooligans p...... out of their heads and we had the journey to dalaman with a couple of them..I CAN`T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY KEEP GOING TO KAS IF THEY ARE NOT WELCOME perhaps if they read this they may care to answer but i guess they won`t know their way around a computer or aren`t bothered

lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boozed up brits

sorry aslams mum didn`t read the post properly and didn`t realize it was you! hope you are well and sootycat too. WE`LL BE BACK!

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boozed up brits

What a shame - I find all this so hard to believe - Kas just isn't that sort of place at all! Are they all men, or what? Suppose they must be families if they've been going for 10 years.

wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boozed up brits

I have been going to Turkey for 10 years.

I first discovered Olu Deniz and went there every year, but travelling around as well.

5 years ago we came across Kas.

As Olu Deniz has changed so much we head towards Kas instead.

I for one would feel very sad if Kas ended up like Olu Deniz.

Could you change your dates perhaps?

We have just come back and the weather was fabulous.

I know it gets a bit more unpredictable towards the end of the season, but I'd rather risk a coiple of cloudy days than witness the way some Brits behave in other countries.

Makes my blood boil.

lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boozed up brits

thanks to everyone who has replied to my post, and elsa1 ,you make me jealous ! i thought that it was my duty to inform kas lovers of this assault on darling kas and to make people aware . nothing can be done about it i know all we can do is cross fingers etc that it won`t escalate, i also forgot to mention the bar serving all day english breakfast and the quiz night ! what next?(should i really add insult to injury)

wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boozed up brits

I have always hoped that the distance from the airports would put people off who just want booze and full English.

I know there was talk of another airport being built a few years ago.

Hope that never happens.

If it does we really can kiss the Kas as we know it goodbye.

Have to move on to Cirila or Cavus then.

They are still lovely and unspoilt

London
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boozed up brits

Just to reiterate previous comments. I discovered Kas few years ago and have just booked to return next May. I first visited Turkey in 1982 and went to Bodrum - at the time thought I had discovered paradise. Very sadly that has been spoilt beyond recognition. Let us hope that no nearer airport will be built closer to Kas and the long transfer will deter the 'lager lout brits' Please let Kas stay as it is.

London
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: boozed up brits

Hi bengalcats - I just read your last comment again - is there really now a bar serving all day English breakfast. My comment to people about why I like Kas has always been 'at least there are no bars serving all day english breakfast' Perhaps next May will be my last visit to Kas if this is the case.

Get answers to your questions about Kas