We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honest opinions please.

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honest opinions please.

Have booked the Samira resort hotel thinking it was the other Samira. I realize the Samira resort is a bit further away but we would be prepared to get taxis back at night. We just want to chill at pool all day and obviously go for a nice meal at night in town. Is it okay for walking down to Kalkan at night and roughly how long will it take and is this hotel okay otherwise?

Many thanks in advance

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honest opinions please.

It's all down hill to the harbour about 10/15 mins walk,hard slog back uphill all the way

Liverpool
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honest opinions please.

It's an easy mistake to make. As a matter of interest, I just followed the link on this website for Samira Exclusive to both Booking.com and Travel republic to check the prices and while Booking.com gave quotes for the Samira Exclusive, as one would expect, the TR one took me straight to quotes for the Samira Resort! If I didn't know both hotels I would have blindly gone ahead and booked the wrong one! I notice that, quite often, reviews for the wrong Samira pop up. I don't suppose it helps that The TA photo for the SamIra Exclusive has a pinky hue when the buildings themselves are white! (The Samira Resort, for those of you who are now completely confused, is painted terracotta, both in the main photo and in real life!!)

3. Re: Honest opinions please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan