We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Visa

West Sussex
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Visa

Hi All

Off to Kalkan very soon and saw that you can pay for your VISA online. I had a look and it works out much more expensive, it said 20 USD but I had put in UK passport. Does anyone know if I have done something wrong? Or is it just that it is more expensive to do it that way.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Tina

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Visa

It's not that much more expensive, $20 is £12.36 at the moment, but you can still pay it at the airport.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Visa

Easy to get at airport for £10.......10 yards pass Passport Control, the only person in front of me in the queue was my lovely wife.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Visa

Yes and even if you get through to the Passport Control after buying an online visa you will still be waiting downstairs at the luggage carousel so, no point in paying extra when you really will not be out of the airport any quicker.

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Visa

We used the Online visa service this august as one of our daughters needed a visa but the rest if us were still covered from a previous visit. We were very happy with it and worth the slightly extra cost as due to it being august and a few planes landing within minutes of each other, the queues for the visas were horrendous.

Maybe it depends on the time of year as to how busy the visa queues are.

We had no problems at all using it and would highly recommend it at peak holiday season.

Leeds
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Visa

We arrived in Kalkan yesterday I suggest you just take a £10 note with you it took us less than 2mins to get our visa at Dalaman airport.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Visa

Thanks everyone for your responses. Good point aboout still having to wait for bags! So excited now, we love Kalkan and we are taking my parents with us this time - hope they do too!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Visa

If I went end of May do I have to get another when I return this month? I calculate that it is less than 180 days.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Visa

Yes, you are find until the end of November.

liverpool
Level Contributor
113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Visa

we are 3 days short for our visa but were hoping to go to Meis on the day it runs out and return on the same day and buy a new visa or should we buy one online we are in Turkey now

10. Re: Turkish Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan