We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather in october

Hi, we are holidaying soon in kalkan and are keeping a check on the weather forecast. Different sites are giving varying forecasts, which is the best site to find the best forecast for kalkan.

Don't know if to pack jumpers or t shirts.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october

Hi There,

I arrived in Turkey in September last your and what I saw from the weather is that it has it's ups and downs, one moment sunny the next very rainy and gray and within moments the sun will come out and it will dry up again.

Best to take at least one warm waterproof jacket/jumper.

This is for mainly Istanbul and surrounding areas.

If you head to the middle of turkey its more likely to be quite sunny and warm.

Hope this helps.

Melinda

http://theworldunderourfeet.wordpress.com/

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in october

And what about the south coast

Liverpool
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in october

Yes indeed, I agree that that would be helpful. I recently asked this question myself on the Enjoy Kalkan website. There is a "Weather" section on the forum and the answers I received were very different. While I was advised of the possibility of the odd shower I was also told that there would be plenty of opportunity for sunbathing and swimming. I suggest you take a look or even post an enquiry with your exact dates. Martyn E who lives there is particularly helpful.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in october

Cheers. We are in kalkan 02/10 to 18/10.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in october

Hi we were in Kalkan two years ago from 10 to 18 October. We had two days when it started off cloudy and damp but by the afternoon it was beautiful then we had one day when it rained all day. The other days were wall to wall sunshine, temperature in the mid 20s....perfect for sunbathing and swimming. It was the first time we had travelled to Kalkan out of season and we loved it......peaceful, warm and yet everywhere was still open....perfect! We even enjoyed the rainy day, we walked and explored places it had been too hot to walk to on our previous holidays and then had a couple of glasses of wine in our favourite bar curled up with a good book!

We hope to be going out on 5 October but still uncertain, it's a long story...........

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in october

I've been several times in Oct, generally sunny days chance of a shower (may be a short storm!) but soon clears, can be shirtsleeves sitting out at night, or sweatshirt / jumper, you may get a cloudy day but it will still be brighter than UK

For a good weather forecast see http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/ if you register (free) you can get the 15day forecast. Note if it shows a cloud this normally means a single cloud! not like a cloudy day in the UK!, same with rain, means probably a short shower, not 24hrs of misery !

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in october

Forgot to say......light jacket/jumper for the evening. We had a really funny last evening when we were there in October.....went to Trio for after dinner drinks and it. Was quite chilly....they turned the patio heaters on and brought my husband a sort of Clint Eastwood style poncho......very fetching!

8. Re: weather in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan