We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

We arrived at Dalaman and found our suitcase zip had failed and was open.

Thankfully nothing was missing and the baggage handlers had kindly applied a strap.

However, it is not going to make the journey home and whilst Kalkan's bag shops seem to offer many leather holdalls in a Louis Vuitton style, or similar, at half the size i need for £200 plus each, ....but where can I buy a straight forward 120litre wheeled suitcase in Kas/ Kalkan?

Any known stores and addresses welcome, ideally before Saturday 24 August.

Thanks,

Mark

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

The Thursday market sells suitcases - or at least I have seen them there at some time!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

Markets are your best bet. If you do have a day in Fethiye you will be able to buy them there. We bought a suitcase in Fethiye from a very large selection. Also, check out Migros they do sell them sometimes.

Remember to claim on your holiday insurance for the suitcase. We did this sucessfully a few years ago.

Take a photograph of the damaged sustained and keep receipts for the new case.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

Great advice thank you.

Hopefully we will find one and can successfully claim for the replacement on our insurance,

Regards

Mark

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

Thanks all, I found a suitcase at Kalkan's Thursday market for 60TL to get us home,

Mark

5. Re: Buying replacement luggage in Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan