We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash or Card?

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cash or Card?

Hello,

I am making my first trip to Kalkan on the 15th June. I am really looking forward to it. I have been to Olu Deniz a couple of times and I believe Kalkan is even nicer.

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times, but am I best taking cash with me and changing it over there, or should I take my bank card and draw money out of the machines? I can't remember what I did last time.

I was thinking of taking all sterling (but maybe a few quid in lira for when I get there) and keeping it in the hotel safe, and just changing when I need to.

What does everyone think?

Thanks.

Lee

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cash or Card?

It's 2.75 throughout Kalkan today. Euro is 2.27.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
578 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cash or Card?

Take a enough sterling for the first half of your holiday & get some lira later in the holiday using an ATM with your card. Any commision you pay is tiny compared to the overall cost of your holiday. This way you balance the security of too much cash versus any costs by using a card. If you have a Halifax Clarity card then you pay no commission, just a daily charge for a cash withdrawal. If you pay it off as soon as you get back then it will cost you less than £1.

13. Re: Cash or Card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations