We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piece of advice please

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
249 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Piece of advice please

We are going to Kalkan flying with Turkish airlines, Manchester-Istanbul-Dalaman. My daughter booked the tickets with her visa debit via a travel agent not the actual airline , the card has her married name on it. She has time left on her passport and hasnt changed to her married name on it yet, which is apparently legal. So if the checkin ask to see the card it has a different name on it, her passport and ticket in maiden name. Would her marriage certificate be ok to prove she is who she is? Sorry to be long and involved.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
742 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piece of advice please

As far as I'm aware it's the passport and ticket that are required to have the same name on them, the person buying the tickets does not have to be the traveller so why would they ask for the card at check in ?

Out of interest how long is your wait in Istanbul, currently looking at out of season options to get to Kalkan and have done the via Istanbul route several times but this year the Manchester Istanbul Dalaman option has a 11hr connection wait in Istanbul..

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
249 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piece of advice please

Hi, thanks for the advice. Her bank card has her married name, her ticket and passport her maiden name. Guess its just mother being a worrier. As for your question about layover at Istanbul, ours is 8 hours going out and 90 minutes coming back. Hope that helps.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
742 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piece of advice please

Have a great time.

I think I'll fly direct to Antalya thus avoiding the layover (but with a longer transfer drive!)

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
249 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piece of advice please

Just an extra hour on your road trip part of the journey so worth it. Have a lovely time when you get to Kalkan. And thanks.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Piece of advice please

Hi Amy

Noticed that you are from barrow in Furness, if you ever need direct flights to Dalaman Jet2 have started a route from Blackpool, also Thomas Cook, Monarch and Easyjet fly Manchester to Dalaman in approx 4 hrs. Enjoy Kalkan - I'm sure you will.

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
249 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Piece of advice please

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Best wishes.

7. Re: Piece of advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan