We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Private Boat Trip

cheshire
Level Contributor
215 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Private Boat Trip

Hope this is helpful to fellow Trip Advisor Travellers. The question is often asked on this forum about private boat trips for couples or families. We have just returned from our first holiday in Turkey, the highlight of which was our day out with Captain Ergun and Merve on the Gulsar.

We were staying at a villa in Kalkan, where there are several boat trips that people recommended we go on. We chose Captain Ergun after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and from information on his own website, which is really informative, Egun really does go the "extra mile" and offers so much more than any of the other boat trips in Kalkan or Kas.

My husband really cannot see without his glasses and as such rarely swims. Captain Egun has a little speed boat attached to the Gulsar which lets people who don't swim get into the beautiful caves and small bays in the area.

The Gulsar is spotless and has excellent facilities on board, a shower on the edge of the boat to wash off sea water, three en suite cabins, so you can wash and change in total privacy and the most fabulous sun deck with large luxurious cushion beds to lie on.

The service provided by Ergun and Merve is wonderful. Ergun collected us from our villa at 9am and drove us to Kas, stopping along the way to take photos. Once on board we were offered breakfast, tea coffee and biscuits.

After several stops where we visited a cave in the speed boat, and snorkelled in bays with the sea scooter, Merve served up the most fabulous lunch of sea bream and chicken kebabs, mezze (the best we had on the holiday) and a huge fruit platter.

Ergun emailed us the photos we took with his underwater camera two days after we ad been on the trip, 103 of them!

This really was a wonderful day provided by this lovely couple who go out of their way to treat you like royalty on their luxurious boat.

I booked this trip several months in advance because they get booked up early. The whole process was very good. Emails were replied and responded to quickly and everything went as planned and promised. I also have to comment on what a careful driver Ergun was compared to the taxi drivers we took while we were there.

I cannot recommend Captain Ergun and Merve more highly, a day on their boat compares to the really luxury boats we have taken in the Caribbean and Turks and Caicos and the service they provide is second to none.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Private Boat Trip

Dear Slj60,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Just saw. I hope to see you during 2013 again.

Best Regards

Cpt.Ergun

2. Re: Trip Report - Private Boat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan