We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Dalaman 2013

Essex
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Dalaman 2013

Just thought I'd post incase anyone waiting to book flights for next summer. Easy Jet released their summer flights today. We were waiting for the 'low cost' option but were sadly disappointed! They've come out much more pricey than we had expected for Jul/Aug. Thomas Cook also fly - we go from London Stansted - and were cheaper although flight times for Easy Jet were more civilised so that's what we went for in the end as two kids + night time flight = hassle. A lot of economising to be done for us between now and July but hey - only 295 days to go!!!

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

That is disappointing. I always go to Kalkan from about 5 Sept for two weeks so my flights aren't online yet, but from what you say I shouldn't expect any bargains :(

scotland
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Booked for next July almost as soon as they went on sale and paid double what we'd paid for our trips this year. £300 and something this time as opposed to £140 for this year. These prices are from Edinburgh and did notice that Gatwick flights were almost half the price! Couldn't get mid September booked as they're not on sale yet so will check every day and hopefully get a better deal for then

Edited: 11:45 am, October 05, 2012
Essex
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

We paid £475 pp, I looked at all London and was coming out pretty similar. That was first thing on the day they were released. We could have waited until they had their sale but I wanted to make sure we actually got flights as our accommodation was already booked. It's a shame as makes it a more expensive holiday. Worth it though as nothing beats Kalkan!!

scotland
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Ouch. When I booked at 7am Thursday morning I could have got Gatwick for £150 first 2 weeks July

Essex
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Perhaps it is because English school hols? I'm from Edinburgh but living south so restricted until end of July. Or perhaps I was a couple of hours too late that morning? Either way, it's a shame as this years trip was so reasonable we were able to eat out every night but may have to think twice about that next year. I've heard that Jet 2 prices are not too bad but they don't fly from where we want to go from!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

I've found Monarch to be cheaper this year. Thomas cook from Manchester £1281 for 4.

Monarch around £1100.

Paid £800 in 2011!

cumbria uk
Level Contributor
238 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Just been looking at flights from Newcastle and Scotland and they're all night flights home next year ... Rubbish

Ipswich
Level Contributor
546 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

We booked flights with Easyjet about a month ago. When we looked online a week or so later the price for the same flights had gone up by over £100 each!

Ipswich
Level Contributor
546 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Forgot to say - they were almost the cheapest from Stansted for the dates we wanted. Could have got them cheaper with Thomas Cook on a night flight but don't like night flights if we can possibly avoid them, and it was only about £30 less.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Dalaman 2013

Hate to say it......but as long as you keep quiet..... :-)) - I waited for the Easyjet release and in 48 hours they had gone up to £500 ish for August so have booked with Turkish airlines (via Istanbul) for half that price....

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan