We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Having had our first holiday in Turkey earlier this year and loving it, I'm now researching Kalkan for next year, maybe.

I must say that I'm a bit put off by all the hotel pictures I'm seeing from so far up in the hills.

We are not incapacitated in any way but not keen on struggling up what seem to be regularly referred to as 'heart attack' or 'cardiac' hills on a daily basis, especially in the heat of even early summer (our holiday this year was in June and reached 40 degrees)

Can anyone recommend any hotels or apartments in the town?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Moray, Scotland.
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay

Hey Beejayblue,

I would recommend the Asfiya hotel on Kalamar road, probably no more than a ten minute stroll from the old town (where you will most probably be in the evening). There is a lovely pool with a poolside bar which serves good food all day, everything froma light bite to a full meal. The staff are very helpfull and the facilities in the hotel are good (we had a turkish bath on arrival). Incidentaly we were staying in the 'Asfiya Apartment' (13 of them) accross the road which were lovely but decided to use the Hotel facilities as they suited us for the children.

(apartment pool was very very very quiet Shhhhhhh!)

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Kalamar Hotel
Kalamar Hotel
334 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay

I note two recommendations for the Meldi Hotel. I had tried to book this hotel for late September 2012. Every single room was full. So I tried for early October. Same story. Hotel is completely booked. They tell me that they are now taking bookings for 2013. Although the location of this hotel is very good, the swimming pool looks fabulous, it is extremely difficult to get a booking when I need it.

Mentioned in this post
Meldi Hotel
Meldi Hotel
185 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
congleton, United...
Level Contributor
756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay

We stayed a few nights at the Elixir hotel (our own villa had guests already booked when we sorted our holls) very nice hotel, good location staff etc. nice walk into town and back (didn't need taxis)

Mentioned in this post
The Elixir
The Elixir
402 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
New Zealand
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay

We are also looking for accommodation in Kalkan for four nights 10-14 September. It appears that villas are only rented for a minimum of one week. Please let me know if you have stayed in a good one for less time. We don't want lots of hills or stairs either. Patara Prince looks nice and has a bus around the resort but has terrible reviews. Perhaps Hotel Pirat might be good. Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Patara Prince Hotel & Resort
Patara Prince Hotel...
367 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
Hotel Pirat
Hotel Pirat
447 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to stay

If there are villas with availability then I would contact the owner - better a four day rental than no rental at all. I would not, however, recommend the Patara Prince. Too far out of town amongst other things.

Mentioned in this post
Patara Prince Hotel & Resort
Patara Prince Hotel...
367 Reviews
Kalkan, Turkey
London
Level Contributor
262 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to stay

Hi orfer,

If you go to www.enjoykalkan.co.uk. (com). There is a section on there

for late deals for villas and aparts in Kalkan.....good luck ;-))

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to stay

Anyone interested in The Meldi would be wise to ring to check on cancellations. The hotel does get booked by repeat guests while they are there. We stayed in May this year and couldn't get a booking for September! We have booked for September 2013!! Its always worth a phone call just in case someone has cancelled.

18. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:09 pm, September 09, 2012
19. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations