We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

This is a warning regarding this firm and my experience with my transfer from Kalkan to Dalaman on the 15th July 2012.

On the 15th July I had a transfer booked with Yesil Dalyan. I phoned their office on the 14th July to confirm the transfer. I had tried on the 13th July but there was no reply. On the 14th July I was advised that (1) my booking did not exist, (2) they couldn't find it, (3) they would look for it and fax the details through to my hotel, The Samira Hotel, Mentese Mahallesi Kalkan. On my return to the hotel later that day I discovered the fax had not arrived. On the morning of the 15th (departure day) I spent from 9.30 am till 2.30pm telephoning Yesil Dalyan with the help of the reception staff. I was told my booking did not exist, it was for the next day, it was for the next week, it didn't exist at all and they would not provide a transfer! I faxed through my booking confirmation and eventually at 2.30 in the afternoon they agreed they would provide a transfer.

When the driver arrived he told the reception staff that I was to blame for the difficulties. The transport was a 6 seater minibus. The driver then proceeded to pick up 5 people from the Samira Delux and 2 people from a hotel on the Kalamar Road making a total of 8 passengers, the driver tried to make a further seat by stuffing 2 cushions between 2 seats. The other passengers were very very angry. When we got to the top of the town the bus stopped and I was told to get out eventually 2 other people were transferred to another car. If/when I get a reply i will post it on this forum. I have complained to Yesil Dalyan and travel republic.

Belfast
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

OMG...I am due to use the same transfer company in September to go from Antalya to Side and now I am worried!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

I wrote to them in May when I read a report on another website about how bad their service had been. I got a very reassuring email back!!! but unfortunately the words didn't match their actions. I suggest you write to them (you can google for address) and ask for reassurance. Hope you have a great holiday.

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

In case you go to Kalkan again, you might want to consider Define Tours:

www.definetours.com/default.asp?t=a1&k=9&k2=7

We used them very successfully on our last visit and they are routinely booked by all visitors to the apartment we used.

I can't praise them enough, and their prices are more than competitive.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Just to let people know (if interested) this is what I have written to Transfers4U

with a copy of my original post on here.

I wish to make a complaint about the following service Yesil Dalyan in Fethiye Turkey.

I understand that TravelRepublic.co.uk act as agents for Transfers4U.

I travelled with Travel Republic to Kalkan Turkey from the 8th - 15th July.

The transfers were provided by Transfers4U using Yesil Dalyan. My Travel Republic reference was------ and the providers booking reference was ------.

The transfer from Dalaman to Kalkan was good and no problems were experienced. However the return transfer was an absolute nightmare and caused me great distress. I am 66 years old and travelling alone. Yesil Dalyan were prepared to leave me stranded in Kalkan. I am disgusted at their level of service and attitude. The following is a copy of my concerns posted on Trip Advisor. I have complained to Yesil Dalyan and to Travel Republic. If I don't get a satisfactory reply I will make contact with You and Yours, the Esther Rantzen programme and my MP. I know I am not the only one who has been treated like this as I have been contacted by someone who was forced to pay £60 for an alternative transfer from Kalkan when Yesil Dalyan failed to keep to their contract. I understand they are still awaiting a reply from your selves.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Update

I have now had a reply from Yesil Dalyan with an apology, it took a couple of emails though.

I have not had any contact from Transfers4U which is a disappointment but I will still follow this up.

Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Hi we use definetours 14 times always on time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Yesil Dalyan Transfer company treated us so so poorly. The driver was rude and drove like a maniac. I will NEVER use them again.

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
250 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

Booked them last August, we sat in searing heat at Dalaman for 90 minutes as the flight coming in behind us had damaged a guys suitcase so we had to wait for him to fill out forms. On the way to Kalkan driver stopped at his friends roadside cafe for 45 minutes and proceeded to clean his bus. On the way back to Dalaman the driver was very late and we boarded our flight home by the skin of our teeth. Never ever again.

9. Re: Transfer Yesil Dalyan 15th July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan