We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalkan and young kids

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kalkan and young kids

Hi, we're planning a family holiday to Kalkan for next year. There will be around 15 of us altogether, which will include a baby, a couple of infants, a couple of 4/5 yr olds, a 10 yr old and a teenager. We're thinking of renting a villa and hiring cars. Does anybody know if there's much to do nearby for the kids. Also, what are food prices/eating out costs like? We've just returned from Sarigerme and found it very affordable there.

Thanks

Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalkan and young kids

Hi you must go to kaya restaurants good food and evening of amazing magic after meal your kids will love it enjoy

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalkan and young kids

I think you'll find Kalkan very expensive compared to Sarigerme. Kalkan is not really a 'family' resort in the same sense as Sarigerme although there are things for kids to do, largely centred on the beach. Most of the beach clubs are adult orientated, but I believe the Kalamar Beach Club has decent facilities for small children. As I don't have children myself I haven't really taken much notice of kids' facilities, but I have certainly observed that you don't tend to get large family groups in Kalkan in the way you do in larger resorts. Also don't forget that Kalkan is incredibly hilly which is not perhaps ideal for pushchair users or for small children.

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalkan and young kids

hi Linz255

First - I may be "coloured" in my oppinions. Keep comming back and of course - because we like it there. We have to small kids of our own (3 and 7)and just returned after yet an other trip and our kids love it. As an adult - what you find in Kalkan is peace and quiet. Maybe the kids sense this - I don't know.

It is true - it will be difficult to find any chilidren specific facilities but children are very wellcome all over and all staff at hotels, bars or restaurants will treat you kids as if they vere kings and queans!

We have had many friends, with children, joining us they have had the same experience and all want to come back.

So what do the kids do:

- Well ours just spend a lot of time at the pool. Swimming, diving, jumping, playing.

- Allso - they love going to the real beaches (not the clubs) nearby - Patara and Kaputas. Equiped with wings and belts they really love the ocean and they really are great beaches.

- We make archeology quizzez at the nereby ruins of patara (draw the theatre, how is the arch constructed, write some of the "wiered lettes" etc. etc.

- We go and have childrens drinks at the bars (childrens mojito - oh yes!) and its great fun.

- They play their nintendos - after all it is also holyday for them and it leaves hours for a relaxing bear for ourselves!

True prices may be higher in Kalkan than other places - but quality is superb!

And a cold bear from the fridge of your holyday home will cost you nothing worth caring about.

My advise would be - get a holyday house with a reasonably sized pool. Don't wory about the missing waterslides etc - they won't miss it. The privacy of a holyday house, I think, is important for your kids to relax. You buy your own drinks etc, you can decide to eat at home, have barbecues, don't need to worry about other guests - It's just great.

And since kalkan is all abut holyday homes - really large and nice holyday homes - I think it will be easy for find one just for you.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalkan and young kids

Have a look at a good selection of villas for rent on

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/kalkan/

stockport
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalkan and young kids

We started visiting Kalkan as a family many years ago and our children love the place, we now take our grandchildren and they love it too - children are welcome everywhere and we have never struggled to keep them entertained, they love the pool, visiting the superb beaches at Patara and Kaputas, great boat trips, fantastic day out at Saklikent, trips to Tlos, Xanthos, Letoon, if you want a water park there is a small one in Kas, the beach clubs are great - our 10 year old grandson is doing a junior padi scuba diving course at. Kalkan Dive Centre which is at Kalamar beach club - at the beach club they have pedalos, canoes, a giant trampoline in the sea etc etc. we will visit twice this year with a family group including babies through to older children and can guarantee that we will have a wonderful time in a safe and friendly town.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalkan and young kids

Thanks everyone for your responses. Really loved Sarigerme and can't wait to get back to Turkey

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
723 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalkan and young kids

carstengaard has it spot on! kids love Kalkan, Kalkan loves kids. Book the right villa in the right location and they will love it, a bit of effort to make things fun will be rewarded 100x .

8. Re: Kalkan and young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations