We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

limited mobility

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
Save Topic
limited mobility

I would like to take my aging father to Kalkan, but need some recomendations of good places to stay for people with limited mobility. He has had a few strokes in the past, so I imagine one or two resturants may not be suitable, but he walks unaided (slowly) any suggestions

England
Level Contributor
395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: limited mobility

I would recommend the Samira Hotel as it so close to the main street where there are a lot of restaurants and there are no steep hills to walk. The Tekinberk Hotel is also suitable and is in aquieter area but still within easy safe walking distance of the main street. If you are looking for self-catering then the Korsan Apartments are well placed. My apartment there is on the first floor overlooking one of the pools and access is directly off the Kalamar Road so you don,t need to carry cases up and down flights of stairs.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: limited mobility

Thats a hard one as Kalkan is very hilly and very steep, also rough to walk, however the Asfiya hotel which is in the tapesrty book is lovely, the bar and pool area are flat, you could always get a taxi into town, and there are some nice restraunts at the top before the walking gets too hard. Tapestry are a very helpful honest company you can see the rooms on the website but and querys just phone and ask them, there will be no hidden surprises, what you see or what they say is what you get, I believe from other people there other hotels in Kalkan are great, but we loved this one. Good luck.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: limited mobility

I too would recomend the samira hotel. Its in a great posistion being just at the top of the main street where he could easily reach many of the restuarants, bars and shops without it getting too steep. The hotel does have ground floor rooms, however the breakfast area is on the roof but Im sure there would be no objection to having breakfast served on the patio.Erkan in reception has excellent english if you wish to ring and can always be bribed by bars of english chocolate :)

http://www.kalkansamirahotel.com/

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan