We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing money in Kalkan

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shoreham, Sussex
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changing money in Kalkan

I just wanted to check the latest views on changing currency in Kalkan. Also, we have a cash card (not debit) with Nationwide with a cirrus symbol on the back - does anyone know if the local ATM there accepts cirrus?

If sterling is still a good option, does anyone know whether the Korsan penthouse/ apartments have access to a safety deposit box?

Many thanks.

England
Level Contributor
395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing money in Kalkan

Yes the Korsan does provide safety deposit boxes, just ask at the pool bar and they will sort you out. Sorry but I don't know what they charge. You will have a great time there, they are well run and spotlessly clean. The staff are very friendly and will help you with any questions or advise on the resort.

The bank has a cash dispenser outside and will have the symbols for the cards they accept. You can also change money in the bank(avoid Mondays), the Post office, most of the jewellers and some of the kiosk shops, you will get a better rate than in the UK.

When are you going to the Korsan? We own one of the apartments there.

olney,bucks
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing money in Kalkan

Have used my Nationwide card there before, it is a Flex Account debit card/cash card. Also worth noting that Nationwide don't charge you commission for using their card abroad.

We usually take a mix of cash, travellers cheques and cards so that we are covered for all. As said before,the jewellers will cash trav cheques and exchange sterling at rates as good as the bank. And you get the advantage of their opening hours, Infinity Jewellers usually open till midnight.He always posts his exchange rates outside the shop so you know what you are going to get before you go in.

Hope this helps

Jo

Shoreham, Sussex
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing money in Kalkan

We're going 2nd and 3rd week in May - I remember you saying before Joan that you had an apartment there. We're really looking forward to it.

Jofoss - does your Nationwide card have the cirrus symbol on the back or is it Visa?

England
Level Contributor
395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing money in Kalkan

Oh, I'll miss you! We are going the following two weeks. Never mind, I know yoou will enjoy youeselves. Do go to the Atlantis on the corner of the Kalamar Road, the food is excellent and the staff are very friendly.

olney,bucks
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing money in Kalkan

Nationwide card is visa debit/cash card. Can't see the cirrus symbol.

Trav cheques so easy to change and you don't need to queue at the Bank as i said before.

You will have a super time in my most favourite place inthe world!!!

Jo

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations