We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalkan weather end june

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
kalkan weather end june

My husband and I (and baby) are thinking of going to Kalkan end June, but are worried about the heat and mosquitoes esp since my husband can't stand temps above 35 degrees celsius (he gets heat exhaustion quickly). Can anyone advise us of the average temps at this time; we dont want stay indoors or by a pool but would like to hire a car and see in and around kalkan if possible; in fact were thinking of perhaps flying into ankara/istanbul and driving to kalkan staying in other places along the way. is this feasible with regards to climate at this time or will it be too exhausting?

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalkan weather end june

Firstly - in Kalkan at the end of June - the daytime temps will be well into the mid thirties - but still not too humid and unbearable like it can get at end of July and August. Night time temps can be up to 20 degrees or so - so wonderfully warm - without the need for any cardys or anything like that. So if you really don't like that sort of mid thirties temp (maybe hotter and maybe cooler) then perhaps it is not right for you and you should consider going at the end of May - last week were glorious warm temperature in Kalkan and slightly cooler at night.

Mosquitoes - yes - there are mossies - not as many as in previous years due to extensive spraying by the local council - and there are plenty of good things such as Sinkov and Off you can buy to spray yourselves before you go out in the evening - particularly your ankles.

A coach ride from Istanbul to Kalkan takes 12 hours plus - so I really don't think that is a feasible thing to do - especially with a baby - even Ankara (although I don't really know why you would want to fly into there..) although nearer will still be a good long few hours (not sure exactly - 6-8 maybe (but that is a pure guess!!).

What would be better would be to fly to Antalya and drive around the coast stopping at Cirali (Mount Olympos and the Chimaera lights), Simena (sunken city of Kekova), Demre/Myra, Kas and then Kalkan - then maybe onto return from Dalaman via Fethiye and all the sights the other side of Kalkan - however the temps and mossies will all be the same...!! That strikes me as a much more feasible trip especially with a baby in tow!

Shout if you need any further information!!

Cheers!!

2. Re: kalkan weather end june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan