We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fead/felicity

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fead/felicity

Get yourself back over to the kalkan sight. Your opinion like mine may not always be right however you have a lot to offer and I for 1 have valued in the past your information and advise. Dont let others put you down or shout you down, we need a mixed response so I for one am happy to agree to disagree every now and then.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fead/felicity

Yeah me too Felicity, get back on there!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fead/felicity

Hope you have seen this post,all is very quite without you. Well not that quite same people making all the big bossy noises, it feels like I am back at work.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fead/felicity

Hello all,

this is what I like about the forum, people stand up for each other!

I think I missed out on something, whatever, FEAD is a great value in giving information on the Kalkan forum!

I hope she reads this!

Cheers!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fead/felicity

Try reading www.enjoykalkan.com and you will get where I am coming from. You too get a mention. Jon is doing an amazing job on this sight and for anyone travelling there it has some great info on. However some people seem to have it in for poor old fead, but we want to see her back. Think they did this to L.L once on T.A sight and it hurts when you try to give an answer, and even if it is wrong or you dont agree them by all means have your say, but sometimes it just gets too personal.

Kent
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fead/felicity

Poor old FAED seemed to have it in for ex employees of Tapestry without knowing the facts or having any consideration for their feelings or what really happened. It is for this reason that some have spoken out and quite right too.

If she wants to come back and respond then she can but the feeling is this time she went too far. The criticism of her comments came from the very people she was condeming so I hardly feel it unjustified. It works both ways - she needs to learn that unfounded comments on a public website have consequences. If it makes her think twice about posting then that's no bad thing. If you want to hear from her send her a personal message and chat outside this forum.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fead/felicity

Hi All: as Ryburn says being attacked for expressing your personal viewpoints is very hurtful. I cannot find the post that generated the vitriol against Faed but I can only assume that speaking your mind over at enjoykalkan.com is not welcomed.

A public forum should be open to all kinds of opinions. On our Istanbul forum all opinions are welcome and the reason I took a break in April was because our forum was hijacked by some safety crazies who posted multiple times with the same information and TA refused to do anything about it.

But in this case when people gang up on a specific person for speaking her mind, well....what can I say. And Iknowiknow it is NOT up to you to give orders to Faed or anyone about returning, it shows me, more than anything else that there is something gravely wrong on your forum which should be corrected.

Just my opinion. LL

Kent
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fead/felicity

When those personal opinions are themselves hurtful and unfounded then a considered response is entirely justified.

LL - you say you have not been able to find the comment that generated the postings that have criticised FAED so how do you know they are unjustified?

FAED did not express an opinion on just any matter, she made specific comments against the former owners and employees of Tapestry holidays, which some of those employees felt necessary to correct. That in my view is entirely justified as her comments were unfounded and not based on fact.

I also fail to see that I have ordered FAED to do anything as you allege. I hardly doubt that she would take any notice of anything I might have to say anyway.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fead/felicity

Hello all - here is a copy of my posting on enjoykalkan.com - I think it needs no further comment...

Hello all - I see that I have been the victim of personal attack and lambasting for posting comments which I genuinely believed to be true and were based on conversations with personal turkish friends and hotel owners giving me their personal experiences. I am sure that there is some truth in everybody's opinions but as has been pointed out - personal named attacks are unnecessary and not in the spirit of the forum.

Quote from: ?? on July 04, 2007, 04:52:21 PM - Enjoykalkan.com

"That would be a very sensıble approach but nobody ıs lambastıng anybody for a genuıne mıstake. What has drawn so much comment ıs the actıon of a contrıbutor who dıd not make a genuine mıstake but ınstead delıberately made statements about a busıness and ıts owners and employees whıch were wholly wıthout foundatıon and completely ınaccurate. These statements were posted on a websıte whıch ıs very much ın the publıc domaın. To pass on gossıp and rumour prıvately amongst frıends ıs one thıng. To do thıs ın the publıc domaın ıs completely unacceptable.

We all make mıstakes - however most of us have suffıcıent common sense and awareness of possible repurcussıons not to publıcly dısparage a well known company and ıts employees wıthout knowıng the facts or even attemptıng to fırst dıscover the truth.

.... have poınted out the person ın questıon has been gıven ample opportunıty to respond. The fact that she has not done so does rather suggest that she has realısed that her comments were completely wıthout substance."

The reason being for my lack of posting which has been interpreted as my guilty feelings - is that I am currently in Kalkan and have been unable to access the internet until today when I was shocked and deeply saddened to read this thread. Obviously the people who live in Kalkan appear to be the only ones who can post categorically on all subjects and therefore I will bow to their superiority and will not be making further postings. I had hoped that people might benefit from my postings which were always done in the spirit of the forum, as I too have benefited but as this is obviously not the case I will refrain from further comments. Im with Jofoss - I too am now reluctant to post at all for fear of inadvertently giving offence.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fead/felicity

Oh no you dont young lady, your advice was valued, if not by locals then by tourists, these sights are for all to have an opinion, I was going to stop using the sight also, then thought no way I work in a school and it feels like bullying and I wont put up with it from the kids ,so chin up, get your knowledge shared and have a great holiday in Kalkan. We that is me and you have not always agreed on this sight but that is only because we have a diffrent opinion, may have spoken to differant people, and so on, that doesnt make you or I wrong just differant.

olney,bucks
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fead/felicity

Felicity,

Ryburn is right.

Although I can understand your feelings. I have become somewhat disillusioned with the whole Kalkan forum thing, be it this or the other one. I so enjoyed, each day, checking to see what was new and have contributed where I thought I could. Since returning from Kalkan two weeks ago however, and having read the thread in question, I am left with a bitter taste about the whole thing.

Jo

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan