We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirat Hotel

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pirat Hotel

I read somewhere that this Hotel serves an "all much you can eat buffet" for £5, is this right?

Is it open to non-residents?

Kalkan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pirat Hotel

Thanks for that Jinfizz!!, you are all very welcome but no fighting please!!

coco

x

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pirat Hotel

Hi Travelling Taff, Jinfizz, Coco et al - yes - TA reunion at Coco's sounds good - promise I'll come in disguise LOL!! Sorry Jinfizz - I will not be out in Kalkan until August sob sob :-((

TT - shouldn't it 'woteva'....!!!!???? And yes - I am used to that teenager mentality too.....wiv 2 of my own....!!!

Thanks guys - and remind me to try the Pirat buffet next time I'm in Kalkan... LOL ;-))

Afiyet olsun!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Pirat Hotel

As a Kalkan virgin, I'm grateful for ALL comments received, you'd be amazed at the info I have amassed from this forum and elsewhere around the www!

Was at a Turkish restaurant in Edinburgh last night and all that meze has just whetted my appetite!

10 weeks to go...............

P.S. I believe the Swan also does an "all you can eat" buffet!

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pirat Hotel

Hey Newyear66 - don't bother with the Swan - that is the one and only british 'pub' - is way out of town - dead as a door nail and nothing compared to the lovely eating places in town.

Apparently only good for their Sports TV satellite footie matches - but most of the big matches are all on the Turkish TVs all over the place anyway as the turks are a footie mad bunch...!!!

Enjoy Kalkan - I know you will love it!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pirat Hotel

I'm with Faed on that one - I'd also give the Swan a miss!

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Pirat Hotel

Hi everyone

I have stayed at the Pirat several times in the past 6yrs.

My wife and I usually eat out as there are so many other restaurants to choose from,but when we have eaten there, the food has been very good.

They have a buffet most nights, but I cannot remember the cost.

You can "eat as much as you like" , but I would go steady on the starters and main courses , as their desserts are very good , as is all the food served.

I believe it is open to none residents, but cannot be absolutly sure on this point.

Kalkan, Turkey
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Pirat Hotel

Hi,

Thats right! Hotel serves an "all much you can eat buffet" approx. for £7-8, and its open to non-residents, Enjoy it...

fareham uk
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Pirat Hotel

kalkanway..i enjoyed your video,it cheered me up when i was thinking about Kalkan...iv'e never been in the Pirat (going to Kalkan 15years!) it looks nicer than i thought it would be...i tend to stay away from larger hotels prefering the smaller types or indeed my own private space......we shall give it a go though!!.thanks for sharing your video................odds

19. Re: Pirat Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations