We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A puzzler for the locals?

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A puzzler for the locals?

Found this independant review, I'm intrigued......

"The most memorable meal of our stay took place when we hired a boat to cross Kalkan bay, scrambled up some rocks, and fetched up at the marvellously makeshift Kocakaya Restaurant. We ate chicken & chips in a tree house, and played backgammon with Veli the fisherman while his 80 year-old father kept the sandflies at bay with a pink plastic fly-swatter. This wonderful family must surely be the most optimistic restaurateurs in Turkey. The restaurant is almost impossible to find, the food is cooked on an open fire, and the sign advertising the enterprise faces straight out to sea."

Any ideas to where it might actually be?

kalkan
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

this place is located on the coast just beyond furnez bay near camel stone at pinar kürü (so basically on the right of the bay as you look out from the harbour beyond kalamar)

it is easy to spot because you can see the electric line that runs down to the 'restaurant' though the buildings themselves blend in to the scenery. the other give away is that there may be other small boats moored below.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

Many thanks Kalkankiki, I didn't expect such a quick reply. UI can add this to the mady places I hope to visit.

I'll need to try a lot harder to stump you regulars!

NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

This sounds a fascinating place to try, we love places like this. Presumably to drive there ( in a 4x4 ) you turn off somewhere between Patara roundabout and Yesilkoy?, or am I off the map??

kalkan
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

yes this place is accessible by road, but strictly 4x4!

driving out of yeşilköy on the straight road turn off to the left just before the new road works infront of you. follow this track, take a right at a cross roads in the tracks and then follow the road on. you will come on to where the new road is under construction, turn off the road almost immeadiately taking a sharp right. this road takes you up past delikkemer and eventually to the afore mentioned coastside cafe.

kalkan
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

I think it must be the place that is past Firnaz bay , to the right of the islands when you are looking out to sea. there used to be a place on the headland there. Dont know if it is still open or not though.

NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

Thanks for the directions, we are back in Kalkan in June and this is on my "new things to do list"

7. Re: A puzzler for the locals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations