We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Book or Wing it?

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Book or Wing it?

We are planning a trip to Turkey in late September, spending time in Istanbul, flying to Cappadocia, then onto Antalya. My question is... We are planning to rent a car for 5 days when we get to Antalya and would love to just meander around the coast... At that time of year do we need to pre book hotels or can we just wing it?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Book or Wing it?

<<. Would it be better to pre-book hotels in these places or will September be relatively easy to find budget, central accommodations? <<<

you really dont need to prebook in advance however it is better to have accommodations picked and maybe confirmed so that you are not wasting your time looking for accommodations from place yo place easpically if you dont have a car. you dont want to be dragging around your suitcases.

I would book accommodations in Istanbul and Cappadocia as they maybe busier.

what places do you plan to visit ?? Also at that time of the year I do not think it would be too much of a problem to just find acommodations along the way.....also you will easily be able to take in a few stops for 5 days along this section of the coast.

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Book or Wing it?

Thanks for the information. We have booked hotels in Istanbul and Cappadocia , it's nice to hear we will be able to make it up as we go along near Antalya. We are hoping to drive the coast and visit a number of sites and villages. Any you think are a don't miss? Your pictures are lovely!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Book or Wing it?

Hi Danielle B,

the amount of days it is up to you. One can easily spend 10 days just exploring the Antalya coastal areas ( Lycian coastline ) with the vast amount of historical and rural villages with lovely beaches..A couple of places along the way from Antalya I recommend are Phaselis, Cirali, Kas, Ucagiz ( Kalekoy ), Patara and Kaya Koyu near Fethiye.

And thanks I am glad that you have been enjoying my photos !!!

Edited: 2:47 pm, March 25, 2014
4. Re: Pre Book or Wing it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 27, 2015