We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best for us?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel is best for us?

Hello!

I have been reading reviews for hours and I still can't make my mind up!

We have narrowed it down to 3 hotels..would you mind telling me which one you think is best for us?

I was originally booking the Barut Lara because of the consistently great reviews..but now no so sure.

Ok, we are a couple with a 12 year old boy. We don't really drink much alcohol, so not worried about brands etc. We are going to go on 20th April from 1 week. I know the weather might be hit and miss, so I want us to have plenty of options of things to do with a nice indoor pool. (ie tennis, football etc)

We were thinking of:

Titanic Deluxe - Belek

Susesi - Belek

Royal Holiday Palace - Lara

The reason I have thought about knocking the Barut Lara off the list, is because most reviews seem to be on the excellent choice of alcohol & the nice staff..rather than the facilities.. have I read that right?

Thank you in advance for helping me!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

I have been to Barut, Susesi and.... ( winter and no children)..The Royal Holiday Palace had a few children there last year..seems to be plenty for them to do.. The food was very good and a long list of non- alchoholic cocktails.

Edited: 6:51 am, February 27, 2014
Cambridge
Level Contributor
213 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

We're going to the Barut Lara the week before you with a 10 year old! I know exactly where you are coming from as I have had the same thoughts myself. My first choice would have been the Voyage Belek but was put off by no heated outdoor pool and tatty bedrooms (all now fixed - hey ho!).

I've satisifed myself that the Barut will be ok though; it definitely has tennis, good indoor/outdoor heated pool, a few slides, football and pool tables. While it doesn't have the funfair and the bowling alley, from what I have read the kids entertainers are very good at getting lone kids involved if they want to and my hunch is that there will be more British kids at the Barut for your son to pal up with if he wants.

There's lots of people on here who are regulars of the Barut and they'll probably be able to give better information - I'm looking forward to it though!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Hi Claire

The Barut Lara has plenty to amuse your son and sure they would include him in the teen programme.

They have closed over winter for a renovation and they are creating a new teen centre but also things for younger children.

They do play football 6 days a week usually and there are tennis courts.

This is our sons favourite hotel of all those we have been to . Even the first year we went when hardly any Brits went then, they amused him and he joined in football every day with the other Nationalities !

You want an hotel ideally with others for him to hang out with and here you would have that !

Yes drinks may be mentioned but for those who like a drink why would they not want good quality drinks!

The Barut is having the indoor pool renovated and it extends outdoors! They also have a pool outside with the chill taken off if it is considered still needed so late in April. We always go at this time of year over Easter !

We went to the RHP but in low season and loved that hotel but we went as a couple.They have the funfair but not so much open space and no hested outdoor pool. Titanic has an heated pool Olympic size pool ,not been but have had a tour. We have been to the lovely Susesi twice in high season but prior to staying we had a tour in April and it was quite lively even in April. No heated outdoor pool though.Our son still preferred the Barut Lara! He loves Turkey and even coming to the Voyage Belek at Easter for his 21st birthday ! We missed out on the Barut Lara deal and flight sold but he would have chosen it as his first option.

For your son I do think the Barut Lara is your best option !

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Thank you both so much...

All along it was only ever going to be the Barut Lara for me... but when I showed my husband the photos on their website..he wasn't blown away, like some of the other hotels.

Really hard!!

As long as out son is happy then, we'll be fine wherever...

We loved the look of the Games Arcade at the Titanic Deluxe though...and if we were lucky enough to get great weather then the slides at the others look amazing...

KJAJ1 have you been to Turkey before?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Claire

Forgot to add all the A la Carte's are included at the Barut Lara and no silly restrictions! There is one for no children under 12 so you would be okay on that score to ! The others have limited visits or charges !

They are upgrading those to !

There may be one new one with a charge.

The rooms are all going to be renovated. The dining room is being extended.

Edited: 8:17 am, February 27, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Thats great, thanks Toady.

There was one thing that was slightly putting me off... is the Baruts indoor pool saltwater? I would be quite happy with that..but the others would probably moan!!

Are most pools in turkey (indoor or outside) saltwater?

I do love the sound of the Barut..and the fact it is no 1 on TripAdvisor says a lot out of the hundreds of hotels over there.

I have never been to Turkey before...but feel I am becoming addicted with going back (before I have even gone!) The hotels look out of this world..it seems you can't go that far wrong really with most of them.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
213 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Hi Claire,

Yes I've been to Turkey before, both to the Antalya area and Olu Deniz. The hotels are much nicer around Antalya. Once you get the Turkey bug that's it! I've hear lots of people say they don't fancy Turkey (my niece used to be a travel agent and genuinely said so many people were just put off by the name!) but I've never met one who, having been, regretted it.

You wouldn't go wrong with any on your list I'm sure. Let us know where you book,

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

I will, thank you

london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Hi,

We went to the Barut Lara last year for the first time as a couple & had a great time.

We are returning in early April & family are joining us for their first taste of Turkey.

I think it's a bonus to have international branded drinks included compared to some hotels but the Barut offers much more too.

The non alcoholic cocktails were lovely. The grounds were vast & I know our children would have enjoyed the space.

We found the staff extremely courteous from the moment we stepped off the coach until we boarded it to go home. This I think you will find is why it has such a high volume of repeat guests.

We incidentally found the food & choice better at the Baia Lara but the Barut Lara goes further in terms of customer care.

You can always have a look at the other hotels ,as most do tours around 4pm.

Have a great holiday & remember the Barut is no.1 for a reason, enjoy finding out for yourself,I don't think you'll regret it.

Leo

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel is best for us?

Thanks guys for all of your help...

We ended up booking Liberty Lara in the end...

Just as I was about to book the Barut Lara at the end of February I noticed my sons passport was about to expire in June..so I had to reapply for his new one and didn't want to book anything until i had received it.

In the meantime...flight prices rocketed and the cheapest one I could get would mean we arrived back on the day we were due back to work/school...

So I have just booked a package holiday with Thomsons which had better flight times...but less of a choice of hotels (my hubbie wasn't keen on paying the money for the Maxx Royal!)

Can't wait to go..gutted we didn't get the Barut Lara - but will see if we can go in and look for next time x